Friday, January 8, 2010

Cleaning and Shopping on the motorbike!

This morning I started back in on the cleaning of the utility trailer.  This is a very slow procedure with lots of rubbing and scrubbing.   I finished the remainder of the drivers side, and half of the passenger side, when my arms began to feel like jello.  Enough!

About that time Loyce came out and announced that she was headed out on a fabric store shopping trip.  I quietly passed on going along.  I made some noise about needing to clean up the rags I was using to polish the trailer.

So since I was suddenly free, I headed out for a day with the motor scooter.  I wanted some groceries that I use for breakfast, so I headed to the Wal Mart Neighborhood Market.  This is about two miles away, and the shopping was quick and easy.  I stashed the stuff in the back top case on the bike and returned home. 

As I entered the park, I got into a conversation with two of the Canadians inside the back gate.  Both ride fairly large motorcycles, and they are kind enough to be interested in the scooter.  Well not really but they at least stop and talk to me.

Next I headed out to Wendy's for some lunch and then over to the local Camping World.  Where the next story unfolded.

I went into the store and found the computer table that they had advertised in one of the recent emails on line.  I sat in a compact recliner next to the table and tried to decide if it was worth the $89 the sale tag was asking.  It wasn't made all that well.

When out of nowhere, came a gal with a camping world name badge, taking the price tag out of my hands and removing the sale tag.  She replaced the tag with one for $109.  I looked at her and said, "funny, I was just trying to decide if that was worth $89.  But it definitely isn't worth $109."  With that I got up and walked toward the front door.  She offered that she might be able to sell it to me for the $89 if she checked with the manager.

I'm not sure I have ever had a price tag yanked from my hand, and replaced with a higher one before. Needless to say I kept on going out the door.  The worst part of it was that she had no idea that she had done anything wrong!   So my computer is still on my lap tonight.

I feel really sympathetic for the folks from the University of Texas tonight, as they lost their star quarterback in the national championship game.  College football is over for another year. Wah Wah Wah!

Retired Rod





1 comment:

  1. Dear Rod: I would first like to apologize for the treatment you received at one of our Camping World Stores and would like the opportunity to make it right. I have sent you an E-mail and look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

    Sincerely;

    Jeff Greeno
    Camping World
    National Trainer

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...