Friday, April 30, 2010

The winds blew!

We had baby sitter duty today, so I never know what to write about the day.  It really didn't effect me to much, but I stayed here for the afternoon right along with Loyce. 

Now before you get to feeling all sorry for me, consider that the wind outside here in the midwest was blowing about 25 miles an hour, but we had gusts up to 40.  I wanted to go get the motorhome and start to wash on it, but with that wind?

And the motorscooter seemed like it would be out of the question, since I'm not really used to its size and especially its weight quite yet.  So big gusts of wind didn't seem like what I wanted to do.

But after our grand daughter went home, I fired up into action and went out and mowed the lawn.  And since the scooter had to come out of the garage to get the lawn tractor out, aw why not even if it is windy.  And then I went South out into the country and had the full brunt of the wind.  It had died down just a little.

I stopped by son Ben's house, so he could see the new motor scooter, and the grandkids came running out to see me.  Grandpa!!  Ya gotta love that.  Of course they had to climb all over the new scooter.  With the center stand down, so they wouldn't accidentally tip it over of course.


So I didn't accomplish a thing today, but the yard and a 15 mile ride.  But then I guess I am retired and needn't turn in a time sheet like I used to do at the accounting firm.  LOL

Retired Rod

2 comments:

  1. ROD-
    THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT ON THE HAPPY CAMPERS BLOG. IF I END UP NEEDING DIVERSITY TRAINING, I'M WAITING FOR NICK RUSSEL TO DO THE TRAINING. LOL SKIRTED KC ON THE WEST PORTION OF 435 ON TUESDAY, A NICE COUNTRY RIDE COMPARED TO THE REST OF YOUR CITY.

    REX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those big winds are sure something I don't miss about the southwest. Nice to see you were able to get out for a ride though!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...