Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A run around day!

First let me be a little clearer on the flat tire.  Since 2007 or there about, in the US it has been a requirement that all cars have tire pressure warning devices.  Our BMW is a 2005, and had the device on it early.  I never had the sensors before then.

It was that sensor that lit up the warning light on the dash.  We were just driving the car and did not have the motor home along.  We usually do not tow a car so we have never purchased the pressure pro or other warning device.  Yet!  I am fairly religious about checking the tire pressures almost daily.

But when or if we begin to tow the car, the pressure pro will be a must have.  There will be no other way of knowing that the car has a flat.  Well until you see the smoke from the tire in the rear view mirror!

We have several cars, as some were left over from selling cars with my son Chris two years ago.  We kind of got stuck with the ones that didn't sell.  Our problem is that we didn't have any cars that can be towed with the MH.  All three are full time four wheel drive. And can't be towed.

No Toyota product can be towed unless it is a stick shift, and even then they have problems.  So the Camry can't be towed either.  We got the Camry out in Arizona when we had the car rollover accident.  We keep saying we are going to get rid of some of these vehicles, but never do it.  And of course I am attached to the Beemer..........

Last month when Loyce was up in Des Moines, she was bumped from behind in a chain reaction accident.  A lady talking on her cell phone, plowed into a pickup truck.  She caused the truck to skid into the Camry even with his brakes on.

You couldn't even see any damage, but the bumper cover needs to be repainted, so today was the day it had an appointment.  We were up and on the road to deliver it by 7:30.  That made us drive in the morning traffic headed downtown here in KC.

I'm really glad I don't have to do that every day any more.  We didn't even have to go all the way downtown, but into 24th street, but that is close enough to experience the 15 mph on the freeway bumper to bumper.

The rest of the day we worked on clean up of cars and Loyce worked on the garage.  Seems like we always have a mess in there.

I took the tire over to the tire shop, and the fellow instantly asked if I could come back tomorrow after he got a new tire in.  The screw is right in the corner of the sidewall and cannot be repaired.  I knew that already, but one could hope.

The tires are 255/55r18 and Michelin too boot, so the price is about the same as one of the motorhome tires.  Like I said yesterday, Ouch!

Late in the day, I went on an extended motorscooter ride.  Just blew off some steam going no where in particular.  That seems to help my attitude, about all of these things!

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. Yep, those long bike rides are good attitude adjusters alright:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thta's a great way to get some much needed relaxation, I miss my nike eevery once in awhile, now I just grab the dog and head to the dog park and then watch him goof around with the other dogs. Hope you have better luck this week, Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully, today will be a better day! I need 4 new tires for my truck before our next trip, so I know what you're talking about re the price of new tires - ouch!!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...