Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hawkeye game and car repair.

I spent all day watching the college football games,  and especially my Iowa Hawkeyes.  As a graduate, I have to watch that.  And not always with an objective eye!  But I am happy to report that we won 35 to 7.  This is the interstate rivalry and several of my readers are Iowa State fans, so I will not bloviate  here too much.

I lost much of the game, as I had to go retrieve the Camry right in the middle.  I had made the appointment for the brakes to be looked at two days ago when I was over at the Harley dealer.  The front disk rotors were obviously warped, as the pedal had a bunch of flutter at high speed.

When I made the appointment, the lady ticket writer told me that brakes were expendable, like tires and gasoline.  And consequently were not covered under warranty.  That I would need a complete brake job and it would be just short of $200 for the fronts.  Dealer prices, and I just about said nah, I'll get it done somewhere else.

But for some unknown reason, I went along and made the appointment.  Now today I had a different ticket writer, and he said that this was fairly common with Camrys and to let him see what he could do.  OK

By three in the afternoon, I was beginning to wonder what had happened with the brake job, but the game was in the second quarter.  And that's when I got the call to come get the car.

When I got there, the guy recognized me and got my ticket out of the stack from memory.  He then explained that just as he had remembered, there was a Technical Service Bulletin on brake flutter, and the brake job was to be on Toyota.  Atta Boy!!!  I was more than pleased, as the car is only about 18 months old.

When I got back home, I spent the rest of the day with the football games.  Kinda of a waste, but I enjoy it so much, and after all I am retired!!!!!

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. Always nice to find out a repair is under warranty especially when you're not expecting it. Glad to see your Hawkeye's won.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...