Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Every day its something....

Saturday was the Goldwing Road Riders Club meeting here in the city of Mesa...  I was looking at my insurance card on Friday, and discovered it was out of force after the beginning of the year...  What?

Well that kind of made sense, as I purchased the bike last January, and the bill would have been mailed to Kansas...  So I went to the Saturday breakfast in the car...  Better not take any chances...

So on Monday I went over to the Insurance office, and the lady said I was totally legal and paid up..  Seems that the cars are tied in with my home owners insurance, and when I paid that bill, I had paid for the bike at the same time.....  Somehow I had missed putting that card in the bike's documentation...   Man, I'm slipping...  Well anyway I now have a new card and it didn't cost me anything...

Seems like we have been going out to dinner a lot here, spending Friday night in a bar and grill down in Gilbert... A friend of Rich's plays in a two piece band and were playing that night... We made the night of it doing what you do in a pub.

Saturday after the motorcycle meeting we sat out to drive around the San Tan mountains to our South..  We stopped at the Casa Grande ruins and drove thru Florence and Coolidge..  That night we had steaks on the grill in the back yard...

Sunday we drove out to Saguro Lake in the afternoon as the day was finally in the upper 70s...  We hung around the lake for a while watching the big tourist boat go out on the lake..  The parking lot that is free without a Tonto Forest pass was beyond full so we moved on.

That left me going up to the insurance office this morning...  Only to find out that I didn't know what I was talking about..

Rich leaves to go back to Iowa tomorrow so he is accumulating his brave attitude while going back to the cold...  But as luck would have it, they are due for a warm up and will actually get above freezing during the afternoons next week...

Not to exciting, but we have been busy every day...

Retired Rod

6 comments:

  1. I think at this time in your life busy is good. And having people around to be busy with is key. Gotta love these lengthening days & warming weather for sure......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have someone come and visit just to have someone to do things with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy is good, our son is struggling but is also trying to stay busy. One of the grand-daughters and her husband are coming to spend the weekend with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - wish I could go to the insurance office and not have to pay anything for a change. Glad to hear you're legal. You guys have really been having a great time. And mostly good weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always a good feeling to find out you're legal especially when it comes to insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great surprise that must have been to find out your insurance was up to date.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...