Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Going Home

Thursday was the day to travel back to Kansas...  It had been forecast to be the driest day of the week...  But....  What does the weather man know..? It was again overcast and misting rain...

As we looked at the radar image on our cell phones, it was really nasty up by Branson..  And from there all the way to Springfield...  So back into the still damp rain suits...

Everything on the bike was dripping wet in the mist and packing was a challenge...  I had taken a thick pillow and it didn't have a plastic bag..  Lesson learned there...  I had also purchased some fog lights in a kit at the bike shop in Russellville, and they were on a big cardboard card blister package...  It was too big to go inside any of the cases on the bike, so it had to come apart and individual parts were stowed in corners of the lockers...  The package was left for the trash...

As we left the McDonalds in Harrison, we went head long into the red part of the storm map....  But this time I had the rain pants in my riding gear and I stayed remarkably dry...  Some water down my neck but not too bad...

As we reached Springfield, it was beginning to  be sunny as we stopped under a big gas drive canopy..  In Clinton we again stopped at McDonalds...  Al likes their coffee..  I had a small sandwich..  I'm not too much on McD's meat..  Or what they pass off as meat...LOL  But the restaurants are always air conditioned and a good harbor if it is raining...

From there it was like a normal Romeo Luncheon as it was less than 100 miles so in another hour and a half we were back home....

Of course it had to rain on us in an isolated cell South of Harrisonville, Mo..  Just one more time to put the exclamation mark on the end of the big ride...

We traveled around 1000 miles in four days......  Needless to say, the bike hasn't been out of the garage since we got home....

Biscuit was with her grandkids over with Ben's family and jumped right up in my face and licked my nose when  I went to get her.  So perhaps she was glad I made it back as well...

Retired Rod

2 comments:

  1. That's a loooong trip! Glad you are safely home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it home safely, Rod, and are all dried up!! Nice to be welcomed home by Biscuit too!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...