Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wednesday is rain day

To that avail today didn't disappoint....  It started raining in the middle of the night and acted like it might let up for a while this morning....  But as I was outside with Biscuit for her morning walk, the sky opened again....

I looked at the radar and it didn't look too bad... But it just kept coming.. So, it was back in the jeep to go over South of Topeka to a small town of Carbondale, Ks...   The restaurant is named the Pepper Patch and they had Chimi changa lunch special....  But it was swimming in a sea of molten white cheese.....  My arteries were cringing...   So I ordered Taco salad...  But of course I had to add the ranch dressing on top of that, so I didn't save much in the way of oil..........

I felt much like Al of the Bayfield Bunch as I aimlessly drove back thru the countryside watching the farm work that is now in full progress...  The corn is coming out as fast as they can go...  By then the sun was out full tilt, and the fields are a sea of golden brown..

Well its not like I didn't get to ride this week because on Tuesday, my son Ben and I headed off down to Adrian, Mo. and a place called Wimfields...





They had the shamefully big breaded tenderloin.... and a drink for $7....  I did cut off about a third of it and bring it back in a to go box...  It hasn't been consumed yet, so perhaps it will get tossed...  I'm trying to do better, LOL

That day was sunny and bright, so we all followed in a group for the afternoon ride, wandering all over southern Missouri and then into Kansas...  Ben and I split from the group about 2:30 and then rode directly home...

Biscuit doesn't understand it yet, but tomorrow is another big day for her as she is scheduled to get her fall hair doooo..  She is fairly long too...  So she will be all wierded out over the deal and will not forgive me for a while...

September 30, always seems to be the day of change around here in Kansas as last night we attended the last softball game for the 4th graders...  Grand daughter Claire was out on third base in the second game of the double header after dark under the lights...



The phone camera is kind of blurry as the lens must have been open for a long time, but you get the idea..  These games aren't overly serious, as they call them after an hour and a quarter no matter what enning it is....  But is is great experience, and fun to go out on a nice warm evening....

So that's what is happening around here...  other than mowing the lawn and doing the dishes.... LOL

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. I like it when kids' sports aren't played and run with the intensity of the major leagues. Sometimes the game is too serious for the kids to have any fun at all.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...