Thursday, December 20, 2007

Here we go again!

4:30 AM No heat again! I told the furnace man fuses don't just blow without a reason, when he was here on the 12th of Dec.

5:30 AM Still no heat so I get up and mess with the furnace. I see a fuse blow right before my very eyes. I get it to heat one cycle on gas. Never does cycle to the heat pump.

8:15 AM Call for another service call. The gal says "maybe" today!

10:00 AM I go buy more fuses.

11:00 AM It runs on gas for one cycle, and stops abruptly! No sign of the service guy.

12:30 PM Service guy is here! And spends some time cheking i t out!
1:30 He runs for parts.

2:30 He returns! This time he replaces the 220 Volt contactor in the outside unit. Its the black thing in the middle on the bottom.
3:00 It costs another $192.

Ouch and I didn't pay for the part (Warranty) or the service charge, because I paid one just last week, and they didn't get it fixed. Otherwise it would be $440.

They say it is going to snow Saturday, and it wouldn't do to be without the heat, so what are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...