Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A nice day / Dentist

For those of you that are freezing your back side off, you have our sympathy.  And I sit here and know that is exactly why we left the Midwest for warmer places.

If it didn’t get so darned cold back there, we would have no excuse to come down here.  So that validates our reason for doing this winter RV thing.

With that said, it is up to the mid 70’s today, and I saw 80 on the dash of the car, but the sun causes it to read higher than it actually or officially is.

We woke to the awning flopping in the wind this morning.  I thought about putting it up in the middle of the night, but somehow going out at the well past midnight hour, and retracting the thing wasn’t appealing.  So this morning, we had enough wind from the East to make it rock the trailer.  Murphy was here. LOL.  Luckily nothing seemed to be damaged.

Our day was gorgeous, but right in the middle, I had to go to the dentist.  They are going to remove an old crown and order new replacements.  So there will be several of these visits.  Weekly while we are here. 

Still I had the gas and some novacaine, so my mouth was all numb.  Not pleasant.  Oh well, we will live on. 

Tonight we went to an Old Country buffet once my mouth came out of the numb mode.  It was quite pricey at 11.95 each but included the drink.  They had every kind of food that is normal and ordinary at a buffet.  I stayed away from the steak, as I didn’t think I could chew it very well.

We both ate more than we should, but it was good for a buffet.  We both liked the feature item tonight of Orange Chicken.  This was Chinese style, with the orange sauce and the wok ed vegies.  I’m sitting here stuffed to the gills.

My internet connection with Tengo internet here in the park is poor at best, and will not sustain a very good connection over skype.  We did get to talk to our oldest son Chris last night, without dropping, but tonight, it dropped constantly when we were talking to a friend in Des Moines.  We finally gave up and quit.

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. Rod I have a question-- do you have a Linda Ivers in your genealogy or family tree??
    I either dont have your email or couldnt find it.
    Jenny J

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...