Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Loyce to the dentist and a scooter top case.

We sat around here and did nothing today, well Loyce went to her dentist in the morning. I'm the guy that sat around.

In the afternoon, I had to get away, so I went to the bank and then the brokerage house. Not too exciting but at least it was out of the house. It looked like rain, so I took the car.

But then on a whim I went up to the scooter shop to price a top case luggage box for the back of the scooter. He quoted $130. But he told me $119 for the same item two weeks ago. I didn't say anything, I just left.

So this evening I have been researching the top case on the internet. It is from Italy and is made by a company called Givi. They seem to be the best and are expensive. Once I determined the model that I was looking at, I found that the MSRP is $100. That didn't set too well with me.

After many web sites, I ended up on ebay, found one for $90 and shipping. Came in at $105 and I could use Paypal and not give out the credit card info to the retailer. A DEAL!

So it is ordered. I would have had sales tax on the $130 so I'm about $40 to the good. I don't mind if they make a little extra profit, but that seems a bit much.

I am thinking that I will go back and attack the electrical problems at the lake tomorrow, if I can muster that much enthusiasm. Tomorrow is to be rainy so it will be a good day to travel, since I can't do much outside here.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!

Retired Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...