Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Grand Kids back but I do errands.

I'm not sure we did anything interesting today, as it began to rain about 7:30 in the morning, and rained off and on all day.  The motorscooter hid in his garage all day.

Just when I thought the grand kids were gone, they came back over for the morning, and some of the afternoon, but I headed out on all kinds of errands, so I'm not sure when they went home.

This is the month that a lot of our licenses renew on vehicles, so to start that task, I had to relicense the Jet Ski at the lake.  I have learned that you can buy Missouri tags at any license bureau in any county for any county.  That is convenient, and I duck over to the Missouri side from Kansas, and buy them in Belton.

I had no paperwork at all, except I knew the license letters on the boat.  But that turned out to not be any help.  I called to make sure that we could get it done without papers, and was assured.  So off I went.

Missouri is one of those states where you have to pay your personal property tax at the court house separately, and it is not part of your tag price.  That makes them have to verify that you have paid your tax before they let you buy a tag.  Pain in tail!!!!!  But our county at the lake has it available on line now, which kept me from looking for a paper property tax receipt. 

So after going around about that on the phone, they didn't even bring it up when I got there.  I think she remembered talking to me on the phone and looking it up then.  They wouldn't have let me out of it! It only cost $25 and the fee, but the ticket for no current license would be way bigger.  I was never asked about any insurance, so maybe boats aren't required to have insurance.  I do buy insurance on them, as a big law suit would not be good.

After that I went to the barber shop where we are all friends, and poke fun at each other.  The hair cut is just what we do while we are discussing all the other stuff.  It looks all right I think, but I'm not sure I've had my hat off since, so Loyce hasn't passed judgment.

After that I went to Wal Mart for an oil change in the Camry.  Today I sat in the waiting room like a good little boy and didn't pester them.  Heck its only 4 1/2 quarts of oil and a filter, but remember they have trouble getting filters to seal now.  So I will have to watch under the car in the drive to see if it leaks.

As I was leaving, the rains came down in torrents.  Its now after 10 PM and its still raining and the lightening is flashing.  Its been a good night for the computer. LOL.

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're keeping busy with all that licensing stuff, Rod. It can be quite a job keeping track of all those things when you have so many vehicles to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...