Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lawn Mower?? Whas that?

Now I know why we had to come back to KC this week!  All week it has rained and rained, which has really greened up the yards around here.  Which means that they have begun to grow.  Not evenly but in clumps and spurts like most spring grass does.

And today was Saturday which means that most of the men didn't have to go in to work, but their yards were waiting for them......  So mowers were buzzing all around me.  And tonight almost all of the yards on our street have now been mowed for the first time this year...

And,       yes,     I succumbed to the neighborly pressure and went out and purchased gas for the hand can and fired up the old lawn mower.  I had already started the tractor a couple of days ago because it had to be moved in order to get the generator out.  I loaned that to my son on the night we arrived back because his electricity was out in the storm.

So now our lawn has been mowed evenly and yard service also applied fertilizer as well, so spring is official.  The only other spring task is to turn back on the water sprinkler system, but that will have to wait for a while...

And in the middle of all this working in the garage, I put some of the new gas in the red motor scooter and started it up for the year as well.  It was kind of reluctant to start, but so far has not failed after a while cranking.  The battery had a tender on it all winter so it is doing well.

Loyce had two of the grand girls for most of the day today, and we are to have a birthday party here tomorrow, so we each had to go get supplies for the dishes we are making.  Since I was riding the much smaller motor scooter, I had to make two trips.... Yea, I could have taken the car, but where's the fun in that...?

It was in the 70s all day here and was a super day for all activities outside, so perhaps coming back here won't be as dismal as I had first feared.....

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. It rained a little yesterday, but is supposed to be sunny and in the 70's today, so John Deere might get his first call out today here. my only trouble is the ground has held a lot of water and is wet in a lot of places, don't want to get stuck. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...