Friday, April 19, 2013

Back to the Doctors

Things around here are rather slow tonight, as earlier in the day Loyce had a dental procedure that I won't describe...  But it always makes me cringe because I am chicken at the dentist...

So that was our day here...  Getting ready in the morning to go, and collecting ourselves afterward  to return home...

Our weather here wasn't favorable again all day...  It was raining and 40 when we left for the dentist..  Making our windows wet and the car muddy as we drove across town...

As we were coming back home it was becoming colder...   Tonight it is to get down to freezing or very nearly.   We don't seem to be able to break out of this pattern..  I thought for sure I was seeing snow in the wind this afternoon, but Loyce thought it was blossoms in the wind from the trees..

I did notice that the tulips featured on our blog header from a couple of years ago, are back up and flowering again this year....  But before I can go take pictures of them, we need some sun one of these mornings...   But it might be that they will be frozen from their stems in the next couple of nights...

The poor motorcycles are nestled in their corners of the garage looking all forlorn that we aren't interested in them...   But at 35 degrees, I am too much of a sissy...

This weekend we are to have one of our annual Ham Radio flea markets at the local shriner palace... My friends from Des Moines are to come down to KC and we will meet over at the show..

I am looking forward to that event...

Retired Rod

2 comments:

  1. We had dentists this week also - so not fun. Can't believe you don't want to be out riding the bike in 35 degree weather. Not only would I not be riding the bike I wouldn't be outside at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dread going to the Dentist - always have and always will. It's something about the smell when you walk into their offices - it's frightening.

    Sounds to me like it's good 'hunker-down' inside weather but have fun at the Ham Radio show.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...