Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Lunch in Peculiar....... Missouri.........

Well I did turn out to be just a bit crazy...  I got up today and looked outside.....  heavily overcast..!!  But the streets were dry....  So I went down and looked at the radar on the computer screen.....  Not a rain cloud in sight...

It was so overcast...  but the weather service was only calling for 20 percent chance of rain, so what the heck lets go motorcycling...

The Romeo lunch destination today was Peculiar, Missouri...  That's about 12 miles South of Kansas City on US 71... Or now Interstate 49.    I have always stopped at the Casey's gas station there in town, but have never done any other business there....

So today was Katie's Cafe....  in Peculiar........  Its more on the road going  into town from the highway..  I almost rode right past the place as I was expecting the uptown scenario..




This was taken on a sunny day, but today was dark and dreary, and there were motorcycles all along this parking..



Our leader Roger took this picture  of us as we were ordering...  I had the old person's breakfast of one egg and one biscuit....  But it was almost lunch time so that was all I needed.

We hung around out in the parking lot looking at everyone's bike and discussing our latest mods..  These guys see each other every week, still they have to catch up....

Official Romeo site for today's ride.....

But even more interesting is the fact that ten of these fellow decided to ride all four corners of the state of Kansas over the weekend..  1500 miles...

Ride around Kansas  Romeo site....   This site has hundreds of pictures that were taken as they rode from corner to corner of our state...  They are embedded within the links from the ride around Kansas site.....  I'm still looking at all of them myself, as I have never been to a lot of these places....

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. So when are you going to make that ride around the state?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you out and about with the Romeo riders again, Rod. I guess with your new Honda GoldWing you should be getting the Romeo Riders 'big boy' patch for your jacket??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like great fun and sure beats sitting at home any day!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...