Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Weston, Mo antique tourist trap...

I returned from the weekend camping trip and it took about 3 hours to move stuff back out of the RV into the house...  Not that I had that much stuff, but it had to be packed in from the street as I can't pull the rig into the driveway...  Its too short and very sloped uphill.

Then I begged the neighbor to follow me over to the storage lot with one of my cars to go put it away...  It was after dark when we got back home...

Today we went on the Romeo Ride with my son Ben...  He has the kids back in school, so I can duck out better...  The ride was to Weston, Mo...  This is a river town North of KC almost to St Joe..  A really old town with wineries and a distillery...

The main street is mostly antiques and gift shops in very old store fronts...  Over 100 years old for most of the places... There are bed and breakfasts along the side streets as well...

It was barely 50 degrees when we left, so I stayed on the city streets as far as I dared before finally getting on the I 435 beltway...  We crossed the Missouri river North of the speedway and then got off onto a blue road along the river bank.

It was about 54 when we pulled into Weston at 10:30..  A lot of the guys were already there...   Romeo Web site for pictures Here

On the way back we crossed over into Kansas riding thru Leavenworth and Bonner Springs, where we stopped at a McDonalds to get warm again as we usually do...

We were back home by 3 PM so Ben could go get the grand kids from school...

Another really nice sunny day, but somewhat cool for a cycle ride at 70 mph..

Retired Rod

7 comments:

  1. Hey Rod, maybe you rode past St Mary University ........ Spent my under grad years there ......
    If so, I would have had you toot your horn !!!!!!!!!! Next time !!!!!!!
    Like the new photo of your cute Grandkids and The Biscuit !!!!!!! Been to Weston, decorated nicely at Christmas in the old days and a couple of fun ladies clothing shops ....... Not sure about the rest ....I remember the B&B too ..... Just made a couple day trips ......
    Stay well and keep the day to day going ......All the best, SallyB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did go right by St Mary's.... We have a branch of the school right North of us here in Overland Park as well....

      Delete
  2. I love that picture of the Grands and Biscuit. However, you make me cold thinking about riding when it's that "cool" out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The header picture is great. And the70's seems a bit chilly to ride a motorcycle but I'm sure you dress for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo of the grands. They're really growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy Honda-Rider,
    YEA, Rod, now that's a biker, wear the leathers and RIDE !!! STAY ON THE BLUE ROADS AND HAVE A HAPPY DAY !!! Glad Ben is going on the 'old' folks runs with you... Thank you, neighbor, for getting the motorhome 'home'... At least you know one neighbor, to ask for help; I lived between 2 'neighbors' who didn't even 'nod', but did let their dog use my lawn for their pooping place...
    I like the FRONT VIEW of the kids better AND BISCUIT; does she know she's still YOUR dog??

    BLOW & GO !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful photo of the grandkids and Biscuit. I sure do see a resemblance between your grandson (in the middle) and you for sure. I wonder how long you'll be able to keep going for bike rides in Kansas this year?

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...