Monday, January 19, 2015

Quartzsite for the show...

Tonight I am camped on the BLM ground North of Quartzsite...  This is a boondock site, with no hookups other than the very dark and starry sky...   Biscuit and I left Mesa about 11 AM and drove right thru the center of Phoenix...

That was kind of slow with a whole lot of traffic all around me, but I just cruise along and don't let it get me down...  Once out on the road away from town, it was still way too busy to enjoy the drive, but it is only about 3 hours total driving time..

I spent the next half hour waiting in line to get some diesel on the East end of Q....  That took some attitude maintenance, as people are not too nice to each other.... But eventually I was filled back up...  My generator uses diesel from the engine tank, so I wanted to be mostly full.  Not that I will use that much, but at about a half gallon an hour, it could add up...

Once here, I announced that I was friends with Jim and Sandie..  They are so famous that that was all it took...  Well they did ask if I was an SKP, so I had to answer that my dues were current.... LOL

This group is called the Class Less group...  Since it is made up of folks that started full timing on many different dates...  And like me, I have never full timed, so there for I have no class of date...

These camp grounds are quite full during the show, so you will get to know your neighbors...  We spent tonight around the big fire in the center of the group.. Biscuit wasn't being very good, as she has to go jump on everyone... I had to hold her in my lap and she whined about that...

Anyway there is a blogger get together on Saturday here, so if you blog, and are in the area, we would like to see you.......  Read Jim and Sandie's post about it here...

Retired Rod

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you're in the right spot for lots of fun and company this week, Rod. I'll be listening here very closely in Palm Springs for any loud partying noises coming from the Blogger Fest this Saturday at the Q.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that phrase, "attitude maintenance!" Have a great time Rod!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy yourself with all those great folks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Envious!!! I have always wanted to do Quartsite!! Maybe next year.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Rod! Jim & I enjoyed meeting you yesterday & recalling the Rhumba Madness episode. Safe travels--hope to see youu at Blogger-Fest 2!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...