Thursday, January 29, 2015

Rock Springs... Where?


I hadn't heard of Rock Springs...  Its part of Black Canyon City....






This was the route... And as you can see, anyone going to Flagstaff on the I 17 has driven right by the Rock Springs Cafe...  Its on the West side of the interstate on the frontage road...  They make pie and the largest sticky buns and cinnamon rolls that I have seen for a long while...  Made my diabetes jump just to look at them in the display case....  I didn't take a picture but maybe Chet did...  Our photographer from the club was with us...  It generally takes a couple of days for him to get all the pictures up on the web so if he has some, I'll put them up later..

With both the Super Bowl and the golf tournament in Scottsdale, we had to get creative and take Arizona 51 up thru the center of Phoenix as the reports on the 101 were not good going North this morning..  We had met in the Denny's parking lot at 10 AM....  This is their primary meeting place in old downtown Mesa...  Its a long way from my house, but it was on the way so no problem...

I thought today might be a wash out as it was lightly misting when I left the house, but I rode right out of the rain as I headed West...  There wasn't any rain at Denny's so there were 14 bikes waiting to go out...

With many of the bikes having two people on board, we filled most of the private dining room...  Stories were told for about an hour and a half..  They had a meat loaf diner plate that was on the verge if being obscene...  I had a small hamburger...

The return route was a re run of the way we came back from Wickenburg a couple of weeks ago, but we managed to take a few different turns along the way which kept it fresh.....

Retired Rod

4 comments:

  1. I jumped up and down, raised my hand, and shouted "I know, I know. Rock Springs, Wyoming!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shared a blueberry pie from there with Dianna. It was really good. Glad you got your ride in yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep we are hunkered down here in Mesa Arizona... I posted a picture of our twin FRED's when we were neighbors at the Q in a blog post (2 blogs back) - if you want a copy let me know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you also notice they have RV parking on the side? I order the pie first and then order something else if I have the room. The hardest part is selecting what kind of pie since they offer so many different kinds.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...