Monday, March 24, 2008

Working on Taxes

Today was boring! First I realized that I was standing in water when I was in front of the toilet. This house is just barely two years old, so why am I standing in water? And after we experienced this in the trailer for most of the winter, now the house has the same problem.

I noticed it the other night at about 4:30 in the morning, but thought I must be dreaming. I wasn't. So I tossed the bath towel into the water and got down to investigate. Not wet on the bottom of the tank, but this valve at the shut off is soaked.

We have PEX flexible plastic tubing in this house, which is a far cry from copper or CPVC plastic. The joints are crimped with a tool that costs over $100. Needles to say I do not own one. But the crimp joint looked fine.

The tube from the shut off is the old style, made from cheap chrome with a brass ferrell. These are notorious for getting crimped sideways, so it was off to Lowe's for a flexible hose replacement, with the pre made fittings.

These are only $3.50 even with the stainless woven shield. But then they would have had to use four, one for each commode. Cheap ruled the day. But then, even I only bought one, since the others haven't failed, so I'm just as cheap.

The remainder of the day was working on Income Tax. This is unpleasant at best. But then, when the computer wouldn't read last years return from the CD, Grrrr. Then I figured out we sold an investment last February, and that I never deposited any Cap Gains Tax in the quarterly estimate. Grrrr. Penalty?

I just quit for today. So maybe tomorrow will be more pleasant. The weather warmed up to 58 today and will only go down to 44 tonight. Not like it was in Texas but still not too bad.

Oh and as I went to bed last night, I determined that the battery in the truck was dead. I had left the phone hooked up, and the GPS on. We only go to the local Wal-Mart and back, and its under a mile. So the battery wasn't at the top of its game to start with.

Nice thing to end your day with, outside barefoot running the drop cord out, and connecting the charger. The dome light wouldn't even come on. But then if I hadn't put the charger on, how would I have gone to Lowe's this morning?

I think I'll chill out for the rest of the evening.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...