Friday, October 29, 2010

Getting it right!

No I can't take that one!  I'm allergic to it.  You take it with this one!  No I don't take that one either!  I'm allergic to it too!   This is me talking to an answering machine at the doctor's office this morning.  They can't just answer the phone, you have to play answering machine tag!

After about ten calls to get it right, they finally called me in person......that time I thought we got it right!

That is until I went over to Wal Mart tonight and they handed me the bottle that I was allergic to!!!!!  Grrrr!  Well come to find out they had a second bottle with the right stuff too.  But it took an act of congress to make them understand that I was allergic to the first bottle and was refusing it.  The clerk seemed to not know what to do next!

And of course my insides were screaming in pain as I stood there.  So I had to get the pharmacist involved. I asked if he wanted me to take something I knew would cause a violent reaction, and he whisked away the wrong pills in a heartbeat!  All of this for a bill of $1.56.

That was the only time I left the house today, because the last two days at the hospital had drained most of my stamina. I'm good to go for about an hour, but any longer and I need to go sit down.  The surgeon told me it would be better in a couple of weeks, but then they said that two weeks ago too.

It got seriously colder here overnight, and was barely 40 this morning.  The wind had continued  for most of the night.  I heard the heat pump go about 4 AM.  Winter has arrived here on the Kansas plains.  We had the typical sunny day, but it never was warmer than the mid 50's.

I want to leave tomorrow, but I still have a month to wait!  And I am not very patient at that.  But if I look at the comment about being spent in an hour or so, I know that I can't go anywhere yet!

Retired Rod

7 comments:

  1. Yep, I know what you mean by not being patient about waiting but it sounds like it may take that long to be back in fine driving form again. Prolonged hourly sitting in one immovable spot right now might not be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going through the same thing with my sister's medication, multiple trips to the pharmacy and having one changed for another, the more doctors that are involved the worse it gets. I was lucky, with my meds for some reason I refilled mine before I left for 90 days, so now even with staying longer I will have enough to last the entire stay.Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has cooled down here as well, yesterday it was in the low 80's and today it is in the upper 40's and very windy! Looks like winter is on the way. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing your on your toes and checking the meds to make sure you're not allergic. Can you imagine all the pills and meds folks get while in hospitals while they are sedated. Makes you wonder how anyone even gets out alive!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to and sympathize with your problems at the pharmacy. I don't know what's with them any more, but it probably has something to do with the fact that there are very few "little neighborhood drug stores", if any. The old time pharmacist made it a point to really know the clients, and remembered everything about you and your condition, what you couldn't take as well as what you probably shouldn't take. I've been given the wrong medicine so many times at a Walgreens I would never go there again, but it's the same with Rite-Aid, CVS, Walmart, etc. It's just employment to them, not a lifelong dedication to a profession.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We sure hope you are back to your ole self real soon.

    Travel Safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a wonder any of us older folk make to our age. I couldn't begin to tell you how many times we have been given the wrong meds. and then they don't want to take them back. It's their fault, but they want you to pay anyway. It is all so frustrating to me. No wonder a lot of people just don't take their meds. Stay safe and hope you can get on the road before long.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...