Friday, October 15, 2010

Lawnmower Parts!

Not much here, but I did get an e mail from the Wolfgang Puck Appliance folks that they had shipped the correct sides to the new grill.  Perhaps they did put a rush on my order, and they will be here soon.

We did some really thin steaks on the grill tonight, and it was really fast.  I think I will like this product!  That is once I can get back to eating normally after this surgery.   That might take a long while!

Today I drove about 12 miles North thru the city streets to reach a hardware store that I have used to repair my old Lawnboy mower.  They had the parts that I needed and more importantly, the guy just walked over to the shelf and handed them to me without spending hours looking in books.

It was only a small rubber primer bulb, that evidentially wears out on a routine basis.  But it really makes the lawn mower hard to start when the primer can't be used to give it an extra shot of gas.

By the time I was back home, I was ready to be done with riding in the car.  But that is the farthest I have gone since surgery which was two weeks ago today!  While I would like to be out riding the motorscooter and mowing the yard, that is just not in the cards yet!

I did install the little primer after supper tonight, as it wasn't too much of a task.  And the hardware guy even explained how to do it.  His bill was $3.26 for the part and tax.  I felt guilty, but then that was all he asked for.  He will get more of my business even though he is too far away to run for a bolt or two.

So just the same old sitting around, until my bum is numb!

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. Good deal on the primer bulb! At least you've got a full weekend of football and baseball playoffs coming up this weekend so it's a good time for taking it easy. Can't believe it's only 2 weeks since your surgery as you are getting around so well!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...