Saturday, November 19, 2011

Bum News

I spent the day back at the hospital having further tests, and then the Doctor's office where I got some bum news.

I have to have another procedure to go in and fix the surgery from September.  Of course the surgeon acts like it will be no big deal, but it does require me to stay at the hospital 2 nights and I will be put under twice, and that sounds a lot like more surgery to me.

The good news is that it will be done next week as I was almost in tears that it would delay or perhaps negate the possibility of going to Arizona.  I really live for my trip in the winter.........

We did swing back past the furniture store and pick up that last table later this afternoon, and I went down stairs and put it together in about 45 minutes.  Since it was just like the one I did on Wednesday, I didn't even look at the directions........

Monday back at KU Medical at 8 AM..........  Bring your tooth brush........

Retired Rod

10 comments:

  1. Well that certainly is a kick in the pants (thought that would somehow fit in with the "bum news" thing).
    The hope is that they can sort out the issues you've been having.
    Never a good thing when a surgeon says, "oops".
    The best of luck to you.

    Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Rod!! Hopefully this is just a minor blip on the radar, and you will be feeling back up to par by the time you want to head south. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your 'bum' news but better you find out when you're at home rather than in AZ. Been there done that! Get it over with and get better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rod, you sure have had your share of Doctors for this year, hopefully they will get it straight this time and after a short recovery can head out to Arizona.Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get all fixed up and get down here when you can. It is pretty slow this year so far so you are not missing much anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep your eye on the ball and that Arizona gameplan will come together for you:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rod. Sorry to hear you have to go back in that horrible place again. I know they are necessary but that doesn't mean I have to like them. But hopefully this will be it, you'll feel much, much better and get to AZ!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about more surgery. Maybe you should tell those guys to just put a 'zipper' in to save you from the scalpel. From what you've said, I hope it doesn't delay your trip to AZ - hope you're home for Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about another surgery especially to fix the oops! Keep you eye on Arizona, you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes for a fast recovery. We want to be reading your blogs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...