Monday, November 7, 2011

Time for a new battery and Noodles!

Just a lazy day around here today.  I determined early this morning that my blood sugar machine was on the fritz and had to read the book to figure out what the only symbol on the screen actually meant.  It was just two arrows pointing in opposite directions.

Read the book, gasp!  Oh, its been so long since I used it the battery has gone flat.   So fairly early this morning I was over at Wal Mart looking for a replacement.  Nope not in the pharmacy where they sell the machines.  Nope not in Jewelry where they sell those flat type of watch batteries.  Nope not in electronics, but the fellow there did tell me to go to the photo department several aisles over.

And even then I had to sort thru bunches of cards and thought I was out of luck but right there in the middle of the rack was the peg with the one I needed.  I did get back out of there fairly quick, as I went to the tobacco checkout counter that is listed as 10 items or less.

But other that that trip, I never left the house all day.  I had the Nascar race running most of the afternoon, and browsed the internet and browsed.  I'm not sure I ever napped.  Oh, I know I got started making homemade noodles for Chicken and Noodles.  My grandma made them and so did my mom, so I know how, when I get so inclined.

That kept me busy for a couple of hours off and on.  But Chicken and Noodles is a really good comfort food so I enjoyed the results.

Of course it seems like it is the middle of the night as I write this, but the clock only says 10 PM.  Gonna take a while to get used to this time change stuff...........

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. Nice to hear your using your 'noodles'! Finding the right battery can sometimes be a challenging task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad always made homemade noodles for our chicken and noodles. We served it over mashed potatoes. Now I'm really hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odd that they didn't have the batteries with the meters but at least you got some exercise running all over the store!! I have never made homemade noodles but would like to try. Love homemade soup.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...