Thursday, December 29, 2011

Recliner Driving

Recliner driving!  I had never thought of it as an occupation, but perhaps that is my job of choice for the next several days.  All of my guidance on the blog commenters tells me to hang back, so I am following that advice.

I was up quite late with the pain, but finally I went to bed and sleep.  That makes the morning drift off into mid day before I am dressed and back downstairs.  So my day is a lot "over" before it begins.  Most of that day was spent in the recliner driving mode.

Or perhaps it is running the big desktop computer here on the end table beside the recliner.  I get lost in the internet, and somehow the days seem to slip away.  Then in the evening, I seem to be a junkie on the Discovery Channel watching the gun shows and the moonshiners.

I'm also hooked on the Gold Rush folks on Fridays.  So perhaps that will allow for my recliner driving while I get over this surgical set back.

It was wall to wall sunny today, but the temperature barely reached 50 degrees in the very middle of the afternoon.  Now that we have become more accustomed to the Kansas winter that really doesn't seem too bad, but it is just a matter of time before we get a good covering snow, and then I'm going to be in a toot to get the he!! outa here.......

Retired Rod                                                                                                                      

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rod you'l have to measure the width of that recliner to see if it requires a CDL. Relax and enjoy it and you will be back up to traveling soon, Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're finally behaving yourself. Just stay put in that ole recliner and get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember while you are driving that recliner and surfing the net those guts of yours are healing up. So I would say rather than letting the day "slip" away you are working at Job #1. Getting better so you can get back here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more reclining you do now the faster you'll be up and on your way back to AZ. It's really warming up in the desert so it'll be really nice when you do get back down here.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...