Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Wal Mart Pharmacy

At least the sun came out this afternoon, but it wasn't a bit warmer.  We made it to 55 degrees today, but that was only for an hour in the middle of the afternoon.   As soon as the sun went down it was back into the 40s once again.

I have had a bout with food poisoning or perhaps the old infection demons that have plagued me since the surgery in September.  This has taken me completely out of the picture for the last couple of days.  Loyce fought with the Doctors back in KC to get me a prescription, and they claimed that they had called it in.

But the Wal Mart over on Signal Butte Road had never heard of the KC docs or the prescription.  We went round and round.

As it turns out, the nurse was putting the Rx on the pharmacy's voice mail system which is completely ignored by the Wal Mart folks when they have more business than they can handle at their window.  They do listen to the Voice Mails after they close and try to get them filled for the next day......

Loyce finally got the pharmacy and the nurse on the same line together about 3 in the afternoon.  It was to be filled by 6 PM, but when she went after the script she had to wait another hour or more before it was filled........

I remember we had these problems last spring with this particular Wal Mart..... so nothing is changed.

Other wise we did the laundry and all of those domestic jobs for most of the day.

Retired Rod

9 comments:

  1. This "pharmacy go around" thing is something I'm not really looking forward to when we move back home, I'll tell ya that much, because we have the same bullshit system in Canada.
    I was amazed to see in the Netherlands that, even when my wife's Doc was on vacation, it didn't matter, the office just sent an email to the local "Apotheke" (we'd use the old term "Apothecary", and I filled her script. Simple and easy peasy.
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Loyce for not giving up, hope you start to feel better soon. I hope you are enjoying that "warm" weather up there, it's snowing in Deming along I-10 all the way to El Paso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another reason I never go to Walmart...the customer service is the WORST! We hope you feel better soon. There is snow on the ground in Fayetteville, AR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well like they say, "getting old ain't for sissies", but you are lucky to have Loyce to go to bat for you. Take your time and get healed up, we still have to hit Fuddruckers sometime this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which Walmart are you using? The one on Signal Butte? We use the one on Apache Trail and I've had pretty good luck with my prescription there. But with all the millions of old people down here in the winter, getting anything done is hard. I am so looking forward to the warmer weather this week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frustrating especially when your not felling well. Hope you start feeling better real soon and the warmer weather returns. Some cold night temps here in Corona this week we will be in the lower 30's so think Southern Cal is sharing some of the cold with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use Costco pharmacy now and am very pleased with it. But nothing can compare to an actual family-owned neighborhood pharmacy, and I've found their prescriptions cost no more than anywhere else, and sometimes cost less. I don't care how cheap Walmart is for anything, after I found myself getting angry every time I went to one of their stores I just gave up on them. Their one excellent department is the Optical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty frustrating day trying to track down prescriptions. After all that I sure hope it brings some relief quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had so many problems with Walmart... If you have Walgreens where you are, That worked great for us. But then we were only in the Ca and AZ deserts for the winter.....
    Safe and Happy trails to you
    Betty and Joe
    joeandbetty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...