Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Looking back to last year and forward to Tucson

The excitement seems to be wearing off, as I only rode the motorcycle about 30 miles today..  But in that 30 miles I stopped for a Wendy's sandwich and also went thru an old RV park from last year...

We started again in the temperature cellar this morning at 34 degrees..  Seems like we are paying for the long period of very nice temperatures we had in November...  I had hoped it would get warm faster, but again it was almost 2:30 before we made 60...

I was out with a bucket and wash mitt in the garage giving the cycle a quick bath, when I adjusted the windshield into the very top extended position...  After drying with a chamois it wouldn't go back down........  No way!  I wiggled and knew if I pushed any harder it would break...

So then it was back inside with the owners manual looking for the exact page where those instructions were hiding....  After a while, I found that you had to extend the screen just a little farther until you see a couple of small holes on each side, and then that resets the locking mechanism so it will go back down...

So much to learn here and most of the winter to get it done.....  

We have some friends that came from Iowa, and are staying at a friends home down by Tucson, and I spent some time on the phone with them again today... We hope to meet up later...

Stopping by the RV park where we stayed during the Month of March last year just to drive around a bit, found our neighbor from last year back on his annual site..  Gary is from Colorado, and we easily struck up a conversation again...  But his wife just looked at me and went into the RV...  Must not have made much of an impression on her last year... LOL

We finally made it up to 63 by late in the afternoon, and I headed on back to the garage...  If it would warm up some, perhaps I wouldn't have to wear so many sweatshirts under my riding jacket and could stay out longer....  But I am sure that will come....

I am somewhat envious of Rick over there in Hot Springs Ca going to the swimming pool and stuff...  But by the time we get really nice here, then it gets rather too warm over there, so we each have our respective times....

One day closer to the big quilt show in Tucson......

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. "But his wife just looked at me and went into the RV".
    Reminds me of my oldest brother's "less than charming" wife.
    "Piece of work" comes to mind, but like he admitted to me (after I kept filling his wine glass one fine evening) "Well, I married her".
    Poor bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our weather forecast here is calling for cooler temps for the next few days too. It sure seems to be cooler right across the southern states this year for some reason. The RGV in Texas has been particularly miserable.

    It's still early January so there are going to be plenty of 'too hot' days ahead for sure in AZ.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...