Monday, January 28, 2013

Rain 50 percent of the time....

I waited all day for that time that I wouldn't be stuck to the house...  But the 40 percent chance of rain went up to 50 percent before morning....  And the clouds were Unrelenting...  Biscuit of course went running out in the rain and wouldn't come back in....

So we just closed the door and left her out there....  It wasn't long and she was sitting right beside the closed door under the patio and out of the rain...

I got all showered and dressed like I might be able to leave at any minute... but the rains stopped and started...  Eventually I gave up on riding the motorcycle and just took the car...

Some quick Wendy's for lunch and then over to Home Depot..   I talked to the folks in the garden shop...  Inquiring about frozen plants...  No I didn't want to buy any, but rather when would the big shipment of new replacement plants come in...

The fellow informed me that they had loaded several trucks full of frozen plants out in the past week, and that management wasn't too happy...  I would think not....  So they weren't taking any chances by shipping more plants in....

He said it would be the first of March before they had the big trucks arrive to fill the garden center and its parking lot with new stuff....  Of course that will be a no brainer, as everything is frozen and dead around here......

All I was after today was furnace filters, which was another reason that I brought the car, they would have been a little big on the bike...  And as I was leaving the store, the sidewalk was soaked...  The heavens had opened up again...  I had to trot to the car...

Now the weather folks say it will be colder tomorrow and the next several days.... So that will probably chase away the rain..  And if it freezes again perhaps the man at the garden center of Home Depot has good reason not to bring in lots of new plants.......

Retired Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...