Saturday, April 12, 2014

Shooters and lunches in small towns...

Back in the routine....  Well going on motorcycle lunch rides anyway....

Last Tuesday we went over to Pleasant Hill, Missouri...  The trip was only 31 miles from the house here in Overland Park..

We went to the old downtown area of the town....   Most of the businesses are out on the highway, but there is a nice restaurant on old main street called Glory B's.........



As I came downstairs to get ready to leave the house, I noticed it was dark outside.....    Rain........  I had just looked out and it was sunny a few minutes ago..   We had a squall line go thru, and I had to wait a while...

I followed that all the way over to Missouri getting into the back side of it as I arrived.....  It was barely 50 degrees so that makes rain kinda cold....

Then yesterday my friend Al and I along with his wife Sharon headed off on one of the Friday runs that the Romeos sometimes make...  But we were alone for that...   A place called Fubbler's Cove in Orrick, Missouri...

They have a fish fry as all you can eat on Fridays...    I didn't get a picture of that place...  But I ordered the cat fish and had a plate that I couldn't finish... Wow what a feast...  Al and Sharon shared their plate of Walleye......  I should have known by that ...

We had to take a detour around the Grandview Triangle corner over in Missouri..  This is where Interstates 435 and 470 meet with I 49 and US 50...  Its a massive corner with all kinds of over and underpasses...

Seems that in the last 30 days there have been a bunch of shootings where folks have had their cars shot at...  The aggressors then take an exit quickly, so as to escape...

Some of the people find the bullet holes in their car once they get home, and three others have been wounded in their legs and such...  No one has been seriously injured yet...  The news today reports up to 20 folks have been shot at....   Some have lost windows in their cars, and one lady had the window shot next to her 3 year old child....  News Story here

So we made a wide berth around that area of town when going to the fish place yesterday....   That isn't the best part of KC, Mo over there, but the highway is new and seems OK to drive thru...  But obviously not!

Retired Rod

5 comments:

  1. That is sad news about the shootings...... Hope the sharp-shooters are soon caught in the act and brought to justice...... Sounds like you are having a great time on your bike, getting back to the fun with "The Lunch Bunch" ..... Good for you, Rod, Spring is in the air !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard about those shootings. Sure hope they catch the perps as soon as possible. Very scary for people who have to drive that way every day. Have fun out there on the lunch rides;.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear from you. Have been missing you here. Thought of you when I saw the story about the shootings on TV. Another one of those incomprehensible actions! Stay safe, and enjoy your rides. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had the rare occasions up here where some idiots have thrown rocks at cars off overpasses but never shootings! I can see why you'd want to give that area a wide berth on a bike!

    One of these days when I'm in the US, I guess I'll just have to try Catfish as everyone seems to like it. I've never seen catfish on the menu here in B.C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not see it in BC Rick, but do yourself a favor and order it down south as it is delicious! Cracker Barrel serves it.

      Delete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...