Monday, March 31, 2014

From KC

I didn't disappear, it was just instant domestic duties as I arrived home on Saturday afternoon.....

I hung around the Wichita RV park cleaning inside the Rig and washing out the sewers and things.....   But by 11, I was gone....  

In my chincy ways, I back tracked a mile or so as I had seen a Kwik Shoppe that had $3.69 fuel....    I bought over 40 gallons....   That helped fund more of my problems with the hitch debako ..

Once home I found the battery tender on the Ford car had errored out and ran the battery flat....    That took a couple of hours to get the car jumped and running...  The Ford has the trailer hitch to tow the utility trailer to storage...  

Then on Sunday my older son Chris and his daughter Claire came over and helped carry trip after trip of stuff back into the house...   Eventually we drove the Rig over to the storage as well...

Its the same storage place as the utility trailer, but you can't use the RV to park the trailer...   Its almost too tight to park the little trailer with a car...

It is to get to almost freezing tonight, so I think I will hang this up and go drain some water....  Maybe not using the pink stuff yet, but if it gets colder here that will have to come too....

If your waiting to leave the warmer climates, it might pay to watch the weather at your destination, as weather here is still dicey...

Retired Rod

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it back to KC safe and sound. I'm sure you will have lots of things to keep you busy for a while. Then you can rest up for the upcoming trips to the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're home safe. The weather is really lousy in a lot of places. It's even going to be cold heer - only 70 on Wednesday. Good luck getting settled back in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home-glad you made it back safely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home again and safe, that's good, Rod. We're still walking back and forth from our 5'er to the house carrying stuff in. I can't believe how much 'stuff' we had loaded into our 5'er - unbelievable. Gotta do something about that next year!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...