Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Roomba !!!!!

So we did get that rain all weekend....  Over an inch and it was mighty welcome...!!  On the cool side too with highs in the 60s but we just went back to long pants and muddled on...

And muddle on it was as every time I tried my temporary credit card over the weekend it was declined..... See it doesn't have my name on it...  It just says "Preferred Customer."  The lady at Wal Mart thought it was a dummy card mailed out as a promotion.... She wanted to throw it away....

It seems like all of this is just me complaining....  And I don't want to just write blogs about what isn't going right...  But I have to explain this next story in the light of reporting the facts rather than whining...

You do remember the Roomba vacuum that the kids got me for Christmas... And that Biscuit didn't like it and charged at it barking...??   I had set it to do scheduled cleanings....  At noon, but its clock was set in the Central time zone...

I had another dental consultation on Monday at 11 AM... Which was noon in the Central time zone...  I had forgotten Roomba all together...

It must have backed itself off of its docking station and began to clean... This must have alarmed Biscuit...   Of course I don't know the order of what happened, but I do know that Biscuit hasn't had any bad accidents in the house since we came here last October...

So did Roomba scare the Poo out of her...?  Or did she fail to take care of her business an hour before when she was outside....  She was out there for more than a half hour....  Who knows?  But she left a big pile of doo doo on the carpet in the living room right in front of the patio door....

Well Roomba sees this steaming excrement knowing that it shouldn't be there............  And it has to get this cleaned up!!!!!   So it runs over the gooey mess... over and over... winding the stuff up into its brushes and cleaning bin and all over its rubber tires...  It did pirouettes over the pile smearing the mess on all sides of itself...

Its blue light must have been blazing that it had found cleaning heaven....  So once completely covered, it marched off to continue to clean elsewhere.........  Remember it was now covered like it had rolled in the mess like the very pet model it is supposed to be.....

Needless to say it went on to cover the entire room  with this stinking mess...   Well more than one room.......  All I could think of was if Loyce was still with me, and how utterly mortified she would have been....  So now you know how I spent yesterday, with soap and bucket.... Rags, mops, and the like.....

Biscuit was hiding behind my chair in the den and wouldn't come out.....  I told her she was a bad dog, but she already knew instinctively how bad this was.... So I wasn't at all hard on her...

Roomba was showing a charger error and as I tried to clean the outside of her with a damp cloth, making sure not to get her wet....  She exclaimed a big OH,OH... noise and died right before my eyes...    I could not get her restarted....  She was completely dark....

I called the Roomba gods in Pennsylvania...........  They claimed her as killed, and told me I was on my own....  I would just have to go buy another one....  I told them not in a million years...

Well they had my phone number by then as they had made me register the device before they would talk to me....  And after about 10 minutes they called me back...

Seems they do want her back.....   So I cleaned her up a bit more so she didn't have poo hanging all over and boxed her up..

Sent her off this afternoon, UPS..... The package smelled bad in the back seat of the car...  They said that I might get another one, If I hadn't killed it myself....  What ever that might mean....

Are you Rolling on the Floor Laughing your A off by now????   The UPS kid quickly hiked  the package back to the shipping area once it was posted....  Ewwww.. I was glad to get it out of the car too....

Retired Rod

As an addendum, Roomba came thru with an entirely new unit arriving on March 11th....  See blog for that day....  Here!!!!


31 comments:

  1. OMG, Rod! My sides hurt! I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. As an owner of a Roomba and a dog, I was into the moment reading your post. How awful! Ha Ha Ha! I can't stop laughing... I can just hear the Roomba saying... ERROR!!!! MOVE ROOMBA TO A NEW LOCATION AND HIT CLEAN!!! Squish, squish, squish! P-U !!!
    You'd have my sympathies if I could just stop laughing out loud.

    Perhaps I haven't mentioned that I always put Emma outside when I run the Roomba.... Ha, Ha, Ha....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best blog comedy to hit in a lot time Rod--Mike and I can't stop laughing!! See, on Facebook not too long ago there was a staged video of a Roomba doing exactly that same thing and we both laughed until we cried. While I know it wasn't funny at the time having to clean up all that yukky poo, it is still the funniest thing we've heard in a long, long time!!! I haven't been brave enough to run our Roomba while Emmi is home alone--it freaks her out too!! I hope the smell gets better soon and that Roomba sends you a new one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is too funny. You couldn't make up something like that if you tried. It will be interesting to know what the people at Roomba think when they open the package. Keep us informed.. LOL LOL LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Rod, I do feel sorry for Biscuit but that's the funniest story I've heard in a long time! Maybe you should call it Poomba instead of Roomba!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rod,
    I can't continue reading......I am just reading about THE ROOMBA running into the poop pile........ WOW ... yelling .....STOP STOP STOP ....... to be continued later ....... Need a break !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Rod, Brenda is mortified and can't see the humor, but I am with the rest of your readers, funniest blog of the year here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG !! I laughed so hard!! That is the funniest sh*t ever !! Sorry you had to clean it up...and poor little biscuit it musta scared the crap outta her ... give her extra hugs!! Thanks for the laughs...I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't normally comment but that's the best blog post I have read in years. My wife and I are laughing so hard right now! So sorry you had to deal with that mess:( When you said it had been returned via UPS I laughed even harder when I thought about their old slogan " What can brown do for you." Well they can deliver my poo covered Roomba to its final resting place..LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I laughed through the entire story, but felt a little guilty while getting a kick out of your troubles. It must have been Panic City when you saw the mess. The UPS will never be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this one out loud to my husband... just couldn't keep it to myself... besides, I was laughing so hard over here in the corner he wanted to know what was so funny. It must have taken a while for you find the humor in it... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well this is truly a post for one's imagination to simply go Roomba wild. A classic example of an incident that is definitely not funny at the time.......until it is all over. We the readers can only imagine the mess, the smell, the down on one's hand's & knee's clean up. This kind of thing only happens in old Chevy Chase movies but here you are so lucky enough to tell us so humorously first hand how this really happened to you. All the best with your on-going clean up & may another Roomba manure spreader soon enter yours & Biscuits life:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Cow Rod. My sides hurt from laughing so hard. I couldn't even read your post to Jim cause I couldn't stop laughing. I am so sorry you had such a mess but this is the best blog post ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandie, I think Holy Crap might be more appropriate!! LOL

      Delete
  13. There is a great NCIS episode where a Roomba messes with a crime scene. Until now it was my favorite all-time Roomba story. OMG - Good thing Biscuit isn't a St Bernard! Thanks for making our day with the story - I'm sure it wasn't nearly as funny at the time :-).

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the funniest Blog ever, not because laughing at a poop mess is funny, but getting a Roomba involved made the visual that much more fun, not to mention to poor UPS kid. Being a dog owner and having messes along the way I do feel sorry for Biscuit, this is a epic moment in her sweet life.
    Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nobody can ever say you don't lead an adventurous life!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can just imagine it going back and forth, back and forth.... then going forth into infinity to
    'do it's thing'!!!! what a horrid mess and poor you for having to clean it up...ucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd say Biscuit wins this round with the Roomba. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great story! I'm sitting here laughing as I drink my morning coffee! I can just see ROOMBA running all over your house with a gooey mess! We have 2 big dogs and ONE of them has an accident at night. Then I come out in the morning...OOPS! Guess we need a ROOMBA!
    ~Cheryl Ann~

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just had to jump over and check out your blog after several people mentioned this post as a must read. I am sorry for your mess but this is quite an adventure the Roomba had. I hope the package makes it all the way back to the factory and some worker doesn't "accidentally" dispose of it. Sounds like maybe Stanley Steamer is needed:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Had a good chuckle over this Roomba story. I have 4 dogs. Thank goodness I never bought a Roomba.

    ReplyDelete
  21. As the saying goes.....Bet that is one mistake you will not be making again anytime soon. So funny,

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am trying to envision this story from Biscuit's point of view, and it is even funnier! This story is exactly what I needed today! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely hilarious, Rod! And thanks for sharing, Al at the Bayfield Bunch. Hubby an d I are STILL laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Every good camper knows: Shit happens. Thanks for the story.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a story! I could see it and "smell" it in my mind. Hilarious. Thanks for sharing the mess.
    Still chuckling. :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sorry I missed this post when it was "fresh". Had to go back and see what all the Roomba was about. Oh my goodness - I know you probably didn't think it was funny at the time but this is priceless. This should provide laughs for generations to come. I would never have imagined this story in a million years. Thanks for the laughs (at your expense!!).

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! That story is a stinker.

    Never occurred to me that a Roomba would look for a mess - I thought it wandered randomly. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rod, I really enjoy your blog. I haven't had any success signing in on Google yet... Anyway, my wife and I have four little white dogs that look like Biscuit. Our dogs are Bichons and we have a Roomba as well. I appreciate your story as a tale of caution and will be careful when I start using the Roomba! Mike (mdleonard@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biscuit is half Bichion and half Cavalier King Charles... A Cavachion... I see you have a gmail address, and this should be all that is required to post comments... Perhaps you need to sign into your email account first so it recognizes your computer...

      Delete
  29. Thanks for the laugh! I feel for you, I really do. What a horrible experience, but it makes for a great story!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...