Sunday, June 29, 2014

It didn't rain all the time........


The phone picture is kind of blurry but you get the picture...   We were out at the Johnson County Amateur Radio Club's field day...  And as I arrived, I brought the rain clouds....

The station was secured for that two hour period...   But the catered Mexican taco bar arrived promptly at 6 PM...  And the radio contacts resumed not long after everyone's tummy's were full....  Actually someone was running even during the meal...

We had first aide training by a very capable EMT fellow after the dinner, and the rain stayed away for a while longer...  I gave up and went home around 10 PM, but many of the guys were sleeping in their cars until it was their turn to operate...

I've lost track of how many of these events I have participated in, but they are always fun...

Retired Rod


1 comment:

  1. Sure glad to hear the rain never stopped the Taco Bar from happening - that would have been awful.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...