Thursday, June 21, 2012

Arizona Pic & Still thinking about the cars from yesterday......

Yesterday was a tough act to follow with all of the cars and folks that I talked to from the Romeo lunch group.  I added a link at the bottom of the page from yesterday to go directly to the Romeo web site for the official post about the lunch.  You will see a lot more of the photos that were taken.

What the heck I'll post it here again..  You'll see that some of the pictures I posted were taken from the official web page, but some of the pictures there are worth looking at...  One of the fellows had a grand daughter with him, and she had one of those big tenderloins..........  And then some ice cream to top it off....  She was about 10 or so.....

For me today, I went to the Suzuki dealership to pick up some special screws that I had ordered as replacements for the ones I lost out of Salt....  They took about a week to get here, and I wanted them replaced before I take the scooter to Arizona...

Then I like the fingerless gloves that the Harley Davidson folks sell at their dealerships, even though they charge an arm and both legs for them.  If it says HD on it,  PRICEY!! I found just the ones, and my old gloves are three years old and ratty..  That was at Rawhide HD here in Olathe, Ks...

Then it was off to the bank to make a deposit of my check that we just received from the reservation for Valle Del Oro RV resort...  I paid $250 for the reservation in early February, but since we signed up for the house about three weeks after the reservation was made, we had asked for it back.

I suppose they could have just told me that they didn't give reservation money back, but instead they said sure, but we only give back $200....   And you will have to wait until corporate mails it out..  That was back in April.....  Guess they aren't in too much of a hurry to send out cancelled reservations, Huh.!

At least I'm not stuck paying the $2 K that the rest of the time would cost next winter...  But we will continue to rent the RV storage place even if we bring back the Motorhome next month.  Mainly because we might take it back again this fall so we can leave from Arizona for short jaunts around the Southwest...  Just thinking out loud..  Plans are made of cardboard...  In pencil......  



The realtor lady sent this picture taken from the street showing us the landscaping.  Which is wrong from the layout that we drew last spring....  She said they would get it corrected..  But hey, the roof is on right, and the driveway looks normal.  I'm not complaining any....  Those little bitty bushes could be dug out in about two seconds....  But there is one tree over on the right out of the picture that should have been different....

So tonight, I went over and retrieved the utility trailer from storage and washed up the scooter named Salt, and loaded him into the wheel chock in the trailer.  He's strapped down and ready to travel...  Now if only everything else was done....  That was all we accomplished here in KC today, but we are one step closer to Arizona...


Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. The house is looking beautiful. When do you head back to AZ for all the walk through stuff?

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...