Saturday, March 23, 2013

Another bush

I was outside digging the next hole for the last bush around 8 AM this morning...  It was before the night moisture went out of the ground, and the digging was much easier....

If you get right after the dig and don't stop because you are hot and wait for the ground to dry out in the meantime the whole process does a lot better...  I dug the hole until the empty pot from the first bush would fit into the ground...  But then I was hot...

Later in the evening I went looking for the irrigation pipe, and again it was deeper than I thought it should be...  But tonight the bush is planted ....

In the middle of the day I was out on the Motor cycle at Home Depot finding some mistake plugs for the irrigation..   If you poke a hole in the half inch black pipe and it turns out to be in the wrong place, you need these plugs...  They fit into the hole you poked but do not have hollow insides, so they plug up your mistake..  I hadn't made a mistake yet, but felt I should have some on hand as it is only a matter of time ......

Also I needed a new tape measure to mount on the board above the bench in the garage...  Some of these things just go with a house and cannot be relied upon to be in a travelling box...

That's when I got to thinking about being here in an RV versus having the house...  Unless I was looking for hose parts, or an occasional tool or fitting, I never went to Home Depot...  Not while here in the RV...

But once I had this house, I have been there almost every day...  Well not really, but it seemed that way last summer while we were installing blinds and ceiling fans.  Or painting or cabinet pulls...  Or now replacing frozen plantings.......

In an RV you never worry about planting anything....  well unless you feel like you will have the same spot for next year...  Which we did until we cancelled our reservation...    Still I didn't plant anything...

And tonight we were scared out of our wits, watching the basket ball tournament...  Kansas looked horrible..  They came very close to letting a number 16 seed, Western Kentucky team beat them...  They were behind at the half and only played marginally better in the second half..

Iowa played in the NIT and won, and Iowa State Killed Notre Dame, but that will be short lived as their next opponent is Ohio State.....   If they win that one it will be like slaying Goliath.......

I've rambled long enough..........

Retired Rod

4 comments:

  1. You're right about never going to Home Depot while RVing. I'm at Home Depot all the time when I'm home but haven't been near it here in Palm Springs.

    I thought Kansas was in trouble last night but they managed to right the ship. They better buck up though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Jim says he has to go to Home Depot, then I get worried because I can't imagine what he could possibly want from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home Depot is the best. I was there yesterday for weed killer and I find it fun to wander the aisles. Maybe now that you are all prepared to make a mistake with the sprinkler lines, it will never happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home Depot/Lowes/Ace Hardware for me is like a trip to a candy store for a kid. For my wife, that special place would be Joanns pr Hancock Fabric. Now if Woodcrafter was near, that would be better than Home Depot/Lowes/Ace Hardware.

    Thi year's March Madness proves that on any given day, a weak team can beat a strong team. March Madness gives the underdogs a chance to shine and get better.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...