Friday, March 8, 2013

Biking and planting

I was out on the Goldwing again this morning just because it had been a couple of weeks since I had the opportunity...  Of course I used the excuse that I had left my shoes in the motorhome when we hastily drove it back to its parking spot last night...

Its only about 7 miles to the storage lot and it was 70 degrees out when I rode back this morning..  The lot is covered in pea gravel which is quite deep in places...

I used to ride the 650 scooter right up to the motorhome, but it only weighed 600 pounds...  This bike is over 900 so I left it out on the sidewalk.. If the back end does one of those wobbles and comes out from under you, it would be impossible to catch yourself in the loose stones...

Searching around in the coach I found several items that I had forgotten beyond my shoes... So I had quite an arm load to haul back out to the bike...  Its about a quarter mile from the gate to the parking space we have, so I was juggling most of the way back...

In the afternoon, I was back home here and began to plant a couple of replacement Hibiscus bushes in the back yard...  We have lost almost all of our plantings, including two large trees...   Digging out the old root ball for the bushes took me some time, and I had one of those heavy iron digging bars to boot...  Its just because I am old and stiff...  A young man would have had them out in a few minutes....

But tonight I have two new bushes in their place...  Just in time for the big cool down we are to get this weekend...  They are calling for temps in the high 30s with rain, but not for freezing...  I hope I haven't jumped the gun putting these in the ground as they can't stand freezing.......

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. They are definitely getting watered well today. Hope to see you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're working too hard, Rod. I'm surprised to hear your Gold Wing only weighs around 900lbs! Those behemoths look like they weight at least a ton! Hope it doesn't actually drop down to freezing there and ruin all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...