Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Luncheon engagements two days in a row....!

Monday at noon, we had a bloggers get together at the Streets of New York... an Italian, New York style deli....  Its only about two miles North of me here on Signal Butte...

That was pretty far from Ray and Cindy who are staying over in Val Vista RV Park.. And from Susan in the Good Life RV Park in that same neighborhood...  But with Gordon and Juanita about ten miles to my South and Sandi and Jim up in the North part of Apache Junction, I would think it was somewhat centrally located...

I was going to take my phone and get a picture, but alas I drove off without it..  Ray gave his camera to the waitress and she shot a group photo  of all of us anyway...




From the left around the table, Gordon, myself, Jim, Sandi, Susan, Ray, Cindy and Juanita in the blue blouse... (picture stolen from Ray's blog without shame....)

I ordered a little Meaty Beast pizza, and the crowd had a good time with me and the beast name...  We were all talking at once, so I'm not sure if we were listening too well..  LOL, but a lot of stories passed and we held that corner of the restaurant for a couple of hours... We hadn't had the group together since last year, but as bloggers we were all up to date with each others lives like old friends..

Ray did a better job of reporting on this and has more pictures, so go see his write up here....

Today, (Tuesday), I went to Casa Grande to visit my former business partner from the central Iowa area...  Craig has a Tiffin Phaeton, which he parks at Palm Creek RV Resort...

If you haven't been to Palm Creek, it really is a resort... Not just an RV park..  True, your space isn't much different as its the same old gravel lot with a concrete patio, but they have every imaginable activity available...  The park surrounds a full 18 hole golf course and the entire place has much more of a Country Club atmosphere than most of the other parks here in Arizona... Also the buildings and common grounds are newer and nicer...

We sat leisurely catching up on each other's lives for quite a while...  We are both widowers, so we have that in common...  We moved our little get together up town to McMasher's Sports Bar, and their outside patio...  Craig bought, and wouldn't have it any other way....LOL  Thanks Craig!

Tonight I watched the Iowa basket ball team go down in flames to a charged up Minnesota team up in Minneapolis...  ugh.... that hurt...

That's about it from here...

Retired Rod


4 comments:

  1. Great get together! I don't know any of the folks but you and I've heard of Gord & Juanita, looks like a fun time! Do you have any thoughts of going back on the road?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you get on your Motor Cycle and head out this direction some time soon. Just let me know a day ahead and I will make you a nice Lunch Rod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure was good to see you again. I missed out on a lot of what you guys were talking about down on your end just like you missed out on our end. But it was great to be able to visit with everybody again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We met Gordon and Juanita a few years ago up on the Oregon Coast so it was good to see their photo. Glad to see you're enjoying life as a bit of a 'social-butterfly-beast'.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...