Thursday, February 6, 2014

More dentist, Yuck!

Today I finally went back to get that crown fixed at the dentist...  I was all antsy about it, and had called and cancelled last week because of having a sore throat...  But I wonder if I didn't invent that malady just to put it off again...

They did a root canal on that molar after I had it crowned...  So, they drill right thru the top of the new crown...  Today they put a support brace over the inside of the top of the crown and then did a big filling to fill things all up...

Since the tooth is now dead without a nerve in the middle, I didn't get any novacaine..  I just sat there and withstood the process...  Of course it didn't hurt without a nerve in that tooth, but the sensation of them working on the tooth with a drill and all the grinding is much the same..

But after the procedure was complete, just like that it was over with.. No waiting for hours for the numbness to go away....

We actually went out to a bar and grill tonight, where I had pulled pork as a sandwich rather than my usual burger and fries...  I will pay dearly later tonight, with reflux but such is life...

Otherwise it has been really cool here barely making 60 with overcast skies...  The weather folks report it is raining up in the clouds, but not making it to the ground before it evaporates..  I had on a sweat shirt all day, and it seemed to help me be warmer...

You get really spoiled, and then 50s seems like its freezing.......

Now before anyone says anything, I know it was in the single digits for a high back in the midwest today and your not impressed with my crying act one bit...  LOL

Retired Rod

6 comments:

  1. I'm having a root canal done in about a week; I asked the dentist to prescribe valium for me to take before I come in, and I want some strong pain relief as well - novocaine or whatever they have that works well. Good luck on your dental work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The term "root canal" can sure put the fear into a person. Most times though (most) it's not all that bad. If you NEED a root canal, typically the pain up until getting it sorted out will be enough motivation to get it over with. Then comes the relief. I've only ever had one (looking for some wood handy here to knock on) We'll see how it looks in twenty years or so....
    Your temperature perspective sort of works for us in reverse when the weather starts to warm up. If it gets above freezing towards spring, we start to think we can run outside in our shirtsleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you are done now with all these trips to the dentist. And no more pain. I wore a sweatshirt and a coat all day yesterday. Come on Monday. Sunshine and 70's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, as I get off work shivering and muttering about the chill as I walk outside and turn the heat full blast in the Jeep then notice the dash says it's 50 degrees, I think "you might live in Phoenix..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it warms up down there before we get back--I'm in need of some sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the sound of a dentist's drill that puts fear in me with or without Novocaine. I'm still debating whether to have my bridgework looked at in Algodones or wait until I get back home. Right now, I'm leaning towards waiting until I get back home as I'll do anything to delay going to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...