Saturday, January 25, 2014

Boy's day out!

My friend Roger from Des Moines, not to be confused with Rich from Des Moines, called sometime last week saying that his wife had a girls day out planned and he was to be stranded....

Some background... Roger came out here by himself back in November, and stayed with me here for a few days...  He was looking at Real Estate down by Tucson...  And they came back at the first of the year renting a place from his wife's girl friend that now lives over in California... They never did purchase anything...

Since Tucson is more of a drive from out here in East Mesa, I only see him once in a while here in Arizona....  But..... this girls day out, was to be in Chandler...  So Rich and I went to get Roger at about 9 AM...

We had a boy's day out planned.....  The girls didn't seem to care...  Yeah I know...  none of my concern..

We started by going to North Scottsdale and a big Motorcycle dealership, that has all the brands in four different showrooms... Actual buildings with different addresses... but a common parking lot.  He told us they had everything except Yamaha...  I guess they didn't like the concept..  And Harley had to have a couple of businesses in between them and the rice burners..  And their salesmen had to have different colors on their shirts...

But we walked from Honda Goldwings to BMW touring bikes in a matter of moments..  The Harley's seem to be much more old school (dated) in their designs...  And so did the Goldwing for that matter..  We looked at Triumphs and Ducati and many others...

Next it was over to Dillon  reloading supplies for accessories for our ammunition reloading presses..  And then on to Twin Peaks Restaurant...... Uh, how do I tactfully describe that experience.   Let's see, short shorts and tank tops on waitresses.......  Yeah you get the picture.... I counted 40 big screen TV's in there as well...

I had a big burger with two patties and two cheeses and bacon and bar be que sauce.. Steak fries and a diet coke...  It was much better food than the Hooters fare that this place is in competition with...

From there we went back to our house out here in the East end of the valley and let Biscuit out for her duties...  We sat in the shade of the back patio and told lies for quite a while...

But then we went on to the Mesa Swap Meet with its many booths selling everything imaginable.  I think we were running out of gas by that time, and had to return Roger to Chandler...

Yep, a boy's day out....!

Retired Rod

6 comments:

  1. Guess I hadn't heard about Twin Peaks. Have heard about the Tilted Kilt so you "guys" might want to try that one out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twin Peaks & Tilted Kilts.....now there's something to Hoot about:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you guys - sounds like a great day out. Personally I like the dated design of the Harleys, but I stop to look at and admire any motorcycle I see in a parking lot. The first thought that comes to my practical mind is "wonder what kind of gas mileage they get".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harley's aren't dated, their classic! Haaaarummmp.
    Thank you Gypsy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK--I will bite and enter this fray--Harley's may or may not be dated but they sure are noisy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I figured that calling Harleys dated would start a bit of a discussion...... Shame on me...... LOL

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...