Monday, January 27, 2014

Cool in Kansas

I just looked and its 9 degrees in Kansas City at our South side Johnson County airport...  That's not far from my house.... Ewww, sure glad we are here in the warm state of Arizona...

But we did have Iowa on our mind..... or perhaps our plate....  As we got fired up this afternoon and went over to the Iowa Cafe..  This is one of the few places where you can get a good breaded tenderloin around here...

Iowa is noted for breaded tenderloins that are BIIIIIIG!  And I knew to only order the Junior size..  And it was three times the size of the bun it came served on...  I trimmed around the bun and ate the extra pieces first... with a fork...

Then the sandwich itself...  Licking the mustard from my fingers and eating a bag of traditional Lay's potato chips..  They brought about three diet sodas to go along with all of this...

My Hawkeye tire cover on the back of the Jeep looked quite at home outside in the parking lot... LOL

I spent the morning as Mr domestic cleaning up from the weekend...  We had a bunch of snacks in the TV room during that time, and Biscuit sheds long white hair as well...  If left without some attention, it would look like vagabonds lived here...

We then attacked the back patio area of the house with the pressure washer..  Its been three months since this was last done, and we have had a lot of winter and rainy dusty down pours since then...  It never rains for more than a couple of minutes, but it seems to rain mud during that time.... Just part of the desert...

I also power washed the gas grill inside and out...  It was never cleaned since last spring when we left...  It was more than nasty with desert dust and dirt...

It is now beginning to get into the mid to upper 70s during the afternoons, so outside grilling and even taking your breakfast outside in the morning to sit in the sun is now possible...  So we are cleaned up and ready for spring backyard activities...

February is usually very delightful here, much like late October and mid November...  Once it gets to March, it becomes air conditioner season when things get up into the upper 80s and beyond...

So all of that to explain that I am not missing the very cool conditions of Kansas...

Retired Rod

4 comments:

  1. I do so envy you! It's been a hellish winter up here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much happier to be in AZ than KS or MT. We're getting our rig washed and waxed today - must keep up with you somehow. All that power washing. Hope you didn't wear yourself out too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've certainly been busy and got a lot accomplished. I'm waiting to get a burst of energy to do it, but I may be waiting quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh-I can say is....I'm jealous! Enjoy your sunshine and warm temps! This is the longest winter in Iowa ever!!! I feel like I can never warm up!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...