Friday, March 21, 2014

Bloggers Boogie

Generally I wait until one of my fellow bloggers posts a blog about the activities I have attended, because I can include a picture or two that they took....  I do that because I am lazy..... well, also because that way I am usually in the picture which makes it seem like I actually was there...

But, none of my associate bloggers have seen fit to tell you we were out slummin last Wednesday night... You know the bar and grill crowd...  We went to Superstition Skies over in the East end of Apache Junction...  In the foot hills of the mountain..


Yah, its a bunch of ram shackle buildings hooked together on a common cement slab...  It has the ordinary desert parking lot.....  By ordinary, I mean that you really don't have to haul in gravel to make a parking lot in the desert....  But they do have those concrete parking bolsters at the head of your space which gives it some order however...

At least there is a sign on the door requesting no guns..... LOL!

Wednesday night is All you can eat Chicken Wings.....  with beans and coleslaw..  They must have a broaster back in the kitchen, as they were bringing out drummies and wings as fast as they could carry them...

And for entertainment, they have Brant and Kerry...

 These fellows are country rock and the 60's genre...  Which hits us old timers rather square....    They start their set at 5:30 and play straight thru for two hours....   That happens on most Wednesdays in the winter...

I was the first one of our blogger group to arrive and as I was seated, the waitress asked me if I had reservations..... Uh, no............. do I need to have....?  So I grabbed a table for 8 back along the chicken buffet....  They have a big dance floor in front of the stage, and this table was on the second row away from the stage...

It wasn't long and Sandie and Jim Dixion arrived to help me hold the table...  And within the hour, we had all the chairs filled.....  I was sitting next to Jimbo, of  Jimbo's Journey's...  He travels with his dog Chica... in a Lazydaze class C...  He said he was from Southern California, but emphasized Was.....

On the other end of the table was a gal named Diane and two more fellows that arrived with her...  She also has a blog, but I haven't found it yet...  I wasn't able to hear that end of the table's conversation, once the music started, so I didn't get to know them too well...

The wings were tasty and we were too close to the pan...  I tried medium sauce on the first plate of wings, but quickly determined that I was too sissy for that...  Had to eat coleslaw in almost every bite..

Luckily the lady brought new plates so I was able to start over on mild sauce for the next go around...

I would have a picture, if some of the one's taken had surfaced on the web here, but alas...

Anyway a big thanks to Sandie for arranging this get together of bloggers.. And perhaps that will be the end of social activities for this year....

Retired Rod

There we go Jim posted the picture he took, so I will include it below...


Stolen without shame from Jimbo's Blog.... LOL

10 comments:

  1. Jim just posted his picture. I think I'll just link to yours and let everybody read it. You did a much better job than I would. Sure was good to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you! Hard to talk with all the noise, though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'mon, Rod! Ya gotta go for the hot sauce with wings!! Just keep something cold beside you to drink.

    Sounds like you had a pretty good time though even with the 'mild' sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rod, I just want to applaud your approach to life. You could have put everything up for sale and stayed in your house and stopped living when you lost your wife. Instead, you picked yourself up by the bootstraps and moved forward. I'm sure you miss her greatly. My dad died when I was 12. My mom went to her bedroom and didn't come out again to be a parent. She cried all the time and frankly, I was embarrassed by her actions. Carry on Rod, Loyce must be smiling in heaven. I enjoy your blog ,you are a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really empty in this house here and in Kansas, but with friends that invite me to nice activities I am hanging on.. Thank you for your kind words...

      Delete
  5. I also read Sandie's blog and think the gathering was lots of fun. Now I will be craving wings! I used to read Diana's blog but she stopped writing for a while, and I no longer have the link. I was surprised to see her in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all,
    Diana ' s blog is "life on the open road". She visits lots of beautiful places.
    Becki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rod...I will have to look into that. Kris loves science and the outdoors so this may be just the thing for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rod - Glad you are enjoying yourself and hanging out with such great people. I echo Flowergirl's comments, keep on living, you are an example for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure enjoyed meeting you and hearing more about your Roomba episode. Too bad it was so noisy.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...