Friday, March 7, 2014

John and Brenda's place..... Maricopa, Az

Wednesday I was the guest of John and Brenda Brown at their ranch West of Maricopa, Arizona....

I was a little unsure if I actually remembered how to get out to their place, but just like typing... you don't forget once you've done it before....    Still, I was glad for the GPS in the Jeep...

I should have taken some pictures, and had the camera in the Jeep, but we were talking about everything under the sun, and I never got it done....  Brenda took a few, but I don't know what she did with them....  I know they're on Facebook....










There we go swiped without shame.......  LOL   Biscuit was working her crowd using her charm to get free hugs and bits of food...   Aww come on gimme some ribs....

Of course Brenda did her best to make everything so scrumptious...  Baked Golden Potatoes and wonderful slabs of ribs in tangy Bar Be Cue sauce....  Salad and garlic bread.....    Oh did I mention the fresh hot apple pie with ice cream melting all over the plate......   My cheeks are bulging.......  Well all of me bulges.....  But forget that part...

Anyway it was a wonderfully warm day and the sun and weather was delightful..
As were John and Brenda...  I had wished that I could have been out there a week earlier to meet Mike and Janna from Montana, but just couldn't make the schedule work out....  Maybe next year...

Anyway, there is no way I can ever pay back such a meal and hospitality that the Brown's have always extended us....  But next year this is on me.................!!

We did have a few laughs over the Roomba experience..... but I'm not certain that Brenda will ever come to visit me in Mesa again.. Unless she brings a bucket and some spic and span.... LOL

Retired Rod

5 comments:

  1. It was my pleasure Rod. It was so good to see you and Biscuit. See you in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year Rod--we will make it a point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing looking meal Brenda served up for you and Biscuit, Rod. I could taste those ribs all the way over here in Palm Springs. Glad to hear you had a great visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounded like such a wonderful visit and meal to share with great folks .... You are busy with a full social calendar this winter, Rod.... Good for you and Biscuit getting out on the open road ... Thought you might take a trail ride on the horses, maybe next time !!!
    Still laughing and passing YOUR ROOMBA STORY around .... Sharing that experience of yours has criss crossed this land of our and spread to parts of Europe ...... The tale has really been enjoyed by everyone who hears it .... Thanks for being such a good sport about the misfortune ....
    Hope the Corporate office comes through with an updated, top of the line version ..... Keep enjoying the weather and give THE BISCUIT a good girl pat .....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You brought a smile to so many faces over the Roomba incident, and for most, a hearty belly laugh! Brenda must be a top rate chef, and the Browns very hospitable from what I've read from folks who visit them over the years. Lucky you and Biscuit!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...