Wednesday, April 25, 2012

More house stuff.

Our limited time here in Arizona is flying by like wildfire!  We have been studying all of our build documentation to remember exactly how and what we selected to do with this house build.  I'm beyond my younger days when my memory worked fairly well........

I went over and looked at some of the wiring in the den room of the house and wondered, now why did they do that?  But this morning, I found where we had selected that Cat 5 wiring to be put in the den..............  Oooookay..........  I didn't remember that at all..  Surely we had a reason at the time, but I can't remember why....

Sometimes these salesmen explain why we need to do these things and then I agree, but promptly forget what the reason was......

Well anyway we spent the afternoon with the realtor sales lady going over the paperwork and signing the new contract for the revamped security.  She was successful in getting us out of the old contract and in writing no less, so then and only then, we signed the new contract....   You will remember that the old company has left the Phoenix area, but wouldn't let me out of the contract for their services that they couldn't provide.  You know, because they aren't here any more.

Even the home builder had real trouble getting us out of the liability for the total of the payments.  We signed and that means we pay......... period!  I still bet this will come back to haunt us.....but unless its a court order, no money!

Anyway we are again reviewing what we think we are doing and the paperwork that goes with it tonight, because tomorrow we spend as long as it takes with the job foreman going over everything that has been done so far....

I'm not sure that will give us much to blog about but...........

And I am happy to report that it was much cooler today, as we only reached 97 F this after noon.  Heck that's only 37 C.......  much cooler than before....   Uh,  what's it going to be like when we get out of here and have to go back to the mid 60s next week?  Better get out the sweats.......

Speaking of sweating, we went to a furniture store late this afternoon, and we picked out a couple of pieces that we thought would work.......  Put a little down payment on them, to have them held until we are done with the house.    That caused me to start adding up what this could actually cost to furnish this place................................ewww!  See about the sweat comment!

Enough, I just want to put it all out of my mind for now......! LOL

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. Rod...you are much braver than I. I don't trust anyone anymore. Seems like there is a crook around every corner waiting to take your money.

    Good luck on your new house. Maybe Sherri and I can drop by and get the grand tour...

    Somewhere in Time

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to me that since there are two parties to a contract, the party that can't or won't provide the service nullifies the contract. I just don't see how any court would require you to fulfill your part, when the other side doesn't fulfill his part. Glad I'm not a lawyer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on that security contract - no service, no payment.

    Maybe that Cat5 wiring was for the humongous room-to-room computer network you plan on installing in your new home!!!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...