Saturday, April 7, 2012

Taxes

We were much cooler here again today, as it struggled all morning to get beyond colder than we saw all winter in Arizona.  Do you want some cheese with that whine???

It didn't matter because I was stuck inside on the computer typing in numbers upon numbers....  Hmm, how do you enter that one??  And just for good measure, I don't like the GPS interview hold your hand style of inputting my numbers, so I turn that off.  And for some of it, I just go straight to the forms and enter the stuff that way.  But it does argue when I am wrong, so even inputting stuff at the native level, it won't let you do a bad tax return......  Our deadline here in the US is April 17, this year....  so that is only 11 days off.....

By mid afternoon, I realized that I didn't have any copy paper to run the printer with and Kansas wants original forms to scan, so I set out looking for forms.  Not at the post office or the library......  The lady at the library said to go online and print out the forms, but to send in original black ink hand written paper, and they would take that.  She said they hadn't sent out blank forms for a couple of years now....  Its tight here in Kansas...

Ok well lets go home and see if I can print them out.  I have both a laser printer and an ink jet, but the ink jet turned out to be dry.  So now it was off to the Cartridge World for a new ink cartridge.......  The place was closed.   Argh, I mean out of business closed.  I did buy a case of paper at the Office Depot, where I learned that a new cartridge was $35.  Heck with that!

Back home looking on the internet, I realize that the closest C World is over in old Overland Park.  Road Trip!  But at least there is a Wendy's on the way.....   Refill of my cartridge  $11.50.

So tonight the return is complete enough to know how much I owe to the Feds.  Still gotta do that state!   And the estimates, and the .........  It will be several days before its all done.

Retired Rod

4 comments:

  1. You must have a great retirement if you owe Oberma money!!! He has to pay me so I can eat...

    Joe and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your trials and tribulations with your tax return is starting to make me feel a bit better about having to do mine. At least our Federal and Provincial tax returns are combined and completely integrated into just one. Like you, I bypass that annoying hand held system and just use the form entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I don't want to have my hand held through the return. It drives me crazy. Just let me input the information and get it over with. Glad to hear you're making progress though. Since we're SD residents we don't have a state return to do. Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The IRS isn't the only one who wants a piece of your paycheck - 41 states have a broad-based individual income tax. Only seven states lack an income tax altogether. They are:

      Alaska
      Florida
      Nevada
      South Dakota
      Texas
      Washington
      Wyoming


      Let's Move!!!!!!!

      Delete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...