Monday, February 18, 2013

All the way around the San Tan Mountain...

Another big long motorcycle ride this afternoon going out to our South again but on some different streets..  Eventually you end up on the Hunt Highway  because there is a big mountain out there called the San Tan..

I came into the town that I have mentioned before called Anthem by Del Webb...  Folks have questioned that before here on the blog, so I stopped and looked things over to see if it really is Anthem... And here is a picture....

Sure enough, it is really Anthem.....

But after some internet search, I have learned it is Anthem at Merrill Ranch...  This is in addition to the one up by Sun City.....  There seems to be Anthems all over the place, because they listed one in Colorado too...

Not too long after that, I was in the town of Florence to the South...

This is the Pinal old county court house...  This town is antique, in many ways but typifies the old Arizona Community..



This is the historic downtown main street and has several old businesses along its path...  That cop in his car was watching me take this picture with the cell phone, but I was in a parking place and stopped so all he did was wave at me as he passed...

From there I rode over to Coolidge which is 5 or so miles to the West...  This is the town where the actual ruins of the Casa Grande are located...  But I've blogged about that in previous years so I just rode on thru the town....  If you go to the link there are a bunch of pictures of the indian ruins taken a few years ago..

From there I took the old US highway 87 back up toward Chandler...  This road actually parallels I 10 but about 5 miles to its East...  Its 65 mph most of the way but is a two lane blue road...  Not too much traffic but the cars want to speed along it so I just went 60 and let them pass me...

Once back up in Chandler I stopped at a Wendy's for that small burger and a free senior coke....  I made it a double burger so it was $2.80...  Big spender.....LOL

It took me quite a while thru the city/country streets in the South end of our town to get back out here to the East end of the valley..

Total ride 94 miles....  and it took over two hours...  Sunny and 77 degrees.....  and I have a little sun burn from the endeavor as well....  Maybe its more like wind burn as I can feel it in my eyes....

Better get toughened up, as that is nothing compared to some of those Romeo lunches we went on last year.....  LOL

Loyce's sister is coming in on the commercial jet tonight, so I have to ring this off for now.....

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. You were pretty near over in our neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine the cops wouldn't take to favourably to a guy talking on a cellphone while riding a motorcycle!

    Batten up the hatches - we're due for a big storm on Tuesday - I suppose it will be heading your way as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have taken time to visit the prison outlet store in Florence. Never had seen one of those before. Like Rick said - storm headed this way so I don't think you'll be out riding on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...