Thursday, February 28, 2013

Enjoying San Diego at a slower pace...

Today was a rather nice wonderfully warm day as we puttered around in the campground during the morning....  I didn't do much, but was outside draining the tank.....  you know the icky one...

We have a flush out and you have to change the water hose over to it to rinse it out...  And then since the water here is so much nicer and softer than the Arizona water that was in the fresh water tank, I drained it...

Then I let the nice soft SD water refill the tank from the hose connection...  We have a valve to switch the water inlet over to the fresh tank...  And once it fills, it overflows the tank outside hose fill next to the  front door...  I let it run for a while to further purge the water in the fresh tank...  It was still dripping out of the air intake late this afternoon..... Guess it is really full...

And then I was washing the concrete off back under the rear of the coach...  The trees drop all sorts of junk back there so I was cleaning up...  Or was I just standing out in the shady sun and enjoying a summer like activity..  Anyway I also washed out the waterlocker bay on the rig as well....  It gets all sandy back under there as hoses are put away dirty.  Also there is a big hole in the bottom of the locker for the sewer hose and the rear wheel throws up junk from the road....

Eventually Loyce announced that she was going to the quilt store in La Mesa....  Uh, I wondered how long that would take.....  I suggested that she have a nice time..... but no.....  I was taking her....

So once clean with a shower and fresh clothes, we were on our way..   I kind of drove around the quaint little shopping area while she spent her hour inside...  I parked along the curb of this little cottage style store and worked on my handheld two way ham radio for a while as well....

After that was done, we went to a Wal Mart back about half way toward the campground...  I used the GPS to find it as a point of interest...  It was becoming hot in the car, so we took turns staying out with Biscuit while the other shopped for our needs....  Loyce was in there a lot longer than me.....

Oh, and tonight at dusk we were out along the silver strand beach as the sun was setting...  Turned around at the Del and came back the same way...  After it was dark we were driving in Imperial Beach along the Ocean...  There is a row of beach homes that goes way South into the slough that separates the USA from Tijuana..

We were just slow driving looking at the homes and the ocean between them and eventually turned around at the very end where you can go out on the beach...  It was dark so we didn't leave the car... But you could see all the lights on the hillside cliff across the inlet of Tijuana..  Loyce and I were discussing that you couldn't cross here but had to go over to San Ysidro.  As we were pulling away I notice we had a white full sized SUV sitting quietly behind us....  With a large green emblem on its door...

Yep the US Boarder Patrol...  They get paid to be stealthy and inquisitive..   We were just being touristy...  But hey how do they know...?  He followed me all the way back up the beach and was eventually satisfied that we were not there to pick up an illegal....  The Toyota has a Kansas plate...  wonder what he was thinking...

Tonight it is getting cool again as we are only about two miles from the bay....

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. You and Loyce as Desperadoes?? That's funny. Getting pulled over and questioned would have made for a 'best blog of the year award' though.

    Glad to hear Loyce got to go to the La Mesa Country Loft quilt shop and you had to wait - why should I be the only one who has to do that?

    Looks to be much warmer today than yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are enjoying San Diego. If you get back to La Mesa, give Sanfilippo's Pizza a try if you like great Italian food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been in AZ and CA since mid December....any have yet to see the Pacific. OH wait...we did see it from the aircraft carrier, the Midway. But that was NOT the beach...I love the beach! You would enjoy the Midway.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...