Saturday, February 16, 2013

Plugging Forward... And the arrival window!

Seems like we never get anything very big accomplished in this retired life, but ever so slowly we seem to plug along forward...

 Ours isn't this bad, but you get the idea....  Stock photo from Photo Bucket...

And so it was again today as I had no idea when the windshield installer was supposed to arrive and install that new Toyota windshield...  The lady said she would call me back late on Thursday but that didn't happen...

So this morning I waited during breakfast for a knock on the door or a phone call..  Didn't happen....  I gave up and called them.....  They didn't remember who I was...........................................

"Oh ya, I couldn't find an installer that wanted to go way out to the East end of Mesa!"  Huston we have a problem.....  "I'll need some more time...."  she went on....   "I'll call you back!"

Then she called me back asking more about the wiring on the windshield....  Which told me she didn't even have the new glass ordered..  I all but gave up..

But in about 20 minutes she called back and told us they would be here between two and four in the afternoon..  So there went my day... I had to hang around here and wait for them...

They did arrive about 2:30 and it took less than an hour to get it all done...  Of course I was told not to drive the car for a couple of hours and not to take the squirrely tape off of the new windshield for a day....

That did it I just parked it back in the garage... Loyce was off with the Ford so that meant my shopping was going to be on the motor cycle.... Awe geeee.......  That was what I would have taken anyway..  LOL

So a Wendy's burger was acquired at about 4 and from there it was off to Wal Mart for a replacement tooth brush...  As my Sonicare shot its last bullet yesterday...   Wal Mart had three models from cheap to expensive, and as usual I took the middle priced one...

When I got back home, Loyce announced that we were going to Fuddrucker's....!  Because she didn't get to go out last night for Valentines........  Well, heck yes,  that last burger was small....

But she did think it was kind of odd that I just got the smallest burger and no fries...  Didn't hardly put any toppings on the burger either...  But a burger from Fudds is always good........

So now we are ready to go follow the Motorhome really close and get a few rock dings..............again!

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. You are a much more patient man than me with regards to that windshield company. I think I would have given up on them, with prejudice, after the first failed attempt.

    Can't beat a 2 burger day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember Rod, your time really doesn't matter to them. It is their convenience that is important. Glad you got it fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you made the best out of an aggravating situation, and those arrival windows always do seem to ruin a day, "just love them". Glad that you got to enjoy a few burgers though. Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...