Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Arizona DMV, my luck remains in tact....

Rick is always teasing me with his comments about my luck with the DMV's in the various jurisdictions where I have licensed vehicles..



My luck almost always is bad.....!   And since I was trading cars along with my son several years ago, I tend to buy and sell vehicles all the time..  Seems like I never make any money doing this, but rather just manage to keep the fleet newer....

But back to the Arizona DMV.....  I have no experience here as I have dodged registering vehicles, but when we got the Camry here, I ended up going back to Kansas and paying the sales tax over again because of paying it in Arizona first...

Anyway, I broke down and said OK register the new bike in Arizona, because we will not be back to Kansas in 45 days...  That's all the longer you can buy a temporary plate here..

But, the 45 days is almost gone now, and guess what ??  No license plate!!  My luck is intact!!   I have trouble everywhere.....!!

So today the first place I rode the "black couch" to was the motor cycle dealer......  Asking if the license plate was to be sent to my home or to them.....  They assured me that it wasn't to be sent to them.....

The sales manager and the general manager were hanging out together, and they both looked in their computer system to make sure that it was sent in correctly....  Bottom line is that it should be here any day.....!!! Ya, right!

I spent part of the day waiting on hold with a credit card company because they cancelled my online signon...  Why?  I was told they didn't know why but they just did, so we spent a bunch of time on the phone getting reinstated....  The paper bill goes to KC so if they want paid.........

And then I got to fooling around with pinterest uploading my own pictures and connecting them to blog posts that I have made...  You can upload a picture and make a comment and post a link...  With the link being the blog that goes with the picture..

I don't plan on putting all of my blogs on Pinterest, but for certain ones like the Honda Oil Change and things of interest like that, I plan to use that venue as another source of exposure...

Its getting lighter for longer now which has allowed me to be out riding later into the evening..  But along with that it will become too hot in the afternoon to go out within the month...  Hard to realize that we are about to have another couple of months with absolutely perfect weather,  but Arizona never fails to have Feb and March as super months....

Oh, hey, I finished the Lincoln book and there was nothing political in it anywhere that would relate to modern day situations.....

Retired Rod

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your DMV experience in AZ keeps your record intact. I wonder if your plates will come "any day now"! I have to be skeptical given your past track record with DMV's. Hope I'm wrong.

    It sure is nice to be able to go out first thing in the morning wearing just shorts and a t-shirt - can't beat that.

    I guess I'll have to read that Lincoln book as I really like historical stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago, when the dealer would add the license fee, he would have to estimate it. Always high, of course, and he often got to keep the difference. One year I bought a new car and the dealer overcharged me about $100 for the license. I called and got a refund. I had to compare what was on the registration with what I had been charged. You might want to check when you get your registration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for that knowledge..... I will do just that!!

      Delete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...