Monday, January 14, 2013

Accessory socket and a long quilt shop run

Along with that brake pedal extender that I received the other day came the 12v lighter socket accessory to go inside the left locker pocket on the motorcycle...

It makes sense that the socket is inside the pocket as you can put your phone in there and plug it in to charge while closing the door completely... but what doesn't make sense is that on a big price tag motorcycle, why this wouldn't be standard!

Who doesn't have a cell phone these days?  But no its an option... and my dealer didn't have the little socket and cord in stock and told me to just order it...  The parts guy was apologetic and cited inventory reduction for the winter on orders from higher ups...

So this morning I was out in the garage installing this feature... Of course I found the exact video on You Tube to show me how to do it...  And that goes a long ways to making things a bunch easier...  With some tricks in the comments section..

Like, since it takes a 1 1/8 inch drill bit which is hard to find, use a flat spade bit and run it backwards until it rubs its way thru the plastic.. And yes it did catch going forward and make it almost impossible to drill, but going backwards it just kind of wore its way thru...

Once cleaned up with a file, the socket fit right into the hole..  The part had a key on it so I had to file a notch in the plastic for it and now it won't spin or rotate un necessarily..  And the wiring is already there in a boot, so it was just plug it in and just like that it worked...

But today it was just way too cold to go anywhere on the bike..  But never fear, Loyce wanted some fabric from a quilt shop.....  way the heck up in Sun City..........  That's 60 miles from here....!!

We left about 2:30 and drove on the freeways at 70 mph all the way.  It was Sunday and the traffic wasn't too heavy...  The place closed at 4 so we couldn't tarry...

I came back at a more leisurely pace around the North route of the 101..  And then the North side 202 or Red Mountain Freeway...  We got off at Dobson Rd on the very East end of Mesa and went to the Cracker Barrel..

By now it was about 5 PM and the home cooked meals they serve were calling us..  Loyce likes the Chicken and I like the big burger steak...  I think I still have some gravy on my shirt.......  And the fresh biscuits...........

I've been reading blogs and the internet tonight since booth of the teams I was pulling for in Football lost yesterday...  So the TV has been off all day.... for me anyway... Loyce runs hers all day everyday....

Its below freezing as I write this and the heater is droning on and on...  That's gonna make this months gas bill a bunch more......  Its supposed to warm up some on Thursday......

Retired Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...