Friday, April 12, 2013

Downloading Ford Software...

I am sitting here waiting on downloads of software for the computer in the Ford car....  Seems that I needed to update it..  First I had to order a new SD card to plug into its slot...  The old one won't work when the software is updated...

I just ordered it yesterday and figured it would take a while...  Uh, surprise, it came in an overnight FedEx envelope before noon today...  Well now, how that for service....?  So now the next step, which is downloading the actual update...  

I had to check in under my car's vin number, and of course I couldn't remember what its password was..  And it asked security questions that I didn't know how I answered....  So I had to reregister...

Of course it knew right off that I had already used that phone number and VIN number before and wouldn't let me...  Eventually it sent me a text message on my phone...  Then by typing that info back into the computer it changed everything and let me back into it....

So I am watching the bits and bytes as they are down loading to a spare empty thumb usb drive...  Everyone has one of those don't they?  Well of course I didn't, so I had to go to Wal Mart and buy one...  It had to be completely empty, and that meant I had to remove the junk that came from the factory before it would use it...

Its really been a long time, and its only up to 55%...  All of this then needs taken to the car and with the motor running, plugged into the sockets under the radio...  And then follow on screen instructions...

And when you are done, they want you to come back to the computer and tell them how it all went.....  And if it doesn't go well??  Perhaps you have to take it all over to your Ford dealer....  Cross your fingers for me..

I again spent my day working on taxes, but it was barely 40 outside, so what else was there to do...?  I think I have most of it done, but then I always find something to change stuff, so I am holding my breath that the printed copies I made this afternoon won't go into the paper shredder..

Eventually it will be April 15 and what ever I have will have to be sent in..  Right or Wrong.....  That is why I usually extend, because it is always wrong...

Retired Rod

1 comment:

  1. I'll be very curious to see how your Ford Update goes. Getting the downloads can be frustrating at times as you've found out.

    Maybe the computer will tell your Ford it's really a Mercedes to make it feel good about itself!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...