Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I liked Big Lake......!

Now that I have read Al's post about how Aunt Jean went to Florida, it time for me to write the blog....  It seems like I never get too fired up to write something until I go read Al's post for the day..    Not sure why that is, but perhaps old habits are hard to break....

Today was mostly spent reading Nick Russell's novel Big Lake...  I started it last night late and went upstairs to read the tablet computer until I fell asleep...  But the trouble is I didn't fall asleep...  He was keeping my interest up rather nicely...


And then today when I finished the business part of the morning, I was back at the book...  Until I finished the thing around supper time...  Seemed like I needed to know what was on the next page.....

I read some of the reviews on Amazon afterwards and they range all over the place from very complimentary to down right nasty....    Some reviewers call him amateuristic, but then he is retired and does this as a hobby.....  But that seemed cruel to me....  True he isn't as polished as some of the novelists that can charge $14.95 for their works and get it.... And maybe the story line is a little choppy at times....  But I for one enjoyed the work, for the entire afternoon....!

I must report that there were many more positive reviews than negative ones, but those that go negative are almost nasty....  But hey, he is only charging $2.95...  And that price is up, as it used to be $.99.   Amazon Big Lake

Go read it and report back to me....  

Anyway after the book was done, I started to continue to configure the newest laptop....  Downloading and installing many of the things that were present on the old machine...  But I have been looking at each program (not APP this is a PC) and asking myself, "do I really use that?"

So a bunch of stuff will be loaded if and when I realize that it is not here....

We are to have bad weather tomorrow with a high temperature in the early 40s with snow and sleet rain....  Obviously the motorcycle meeting has been rescheduled to Thursday when they hope for 61 and sunny...  Some of the hard core guys are meeting with their cars and trucks here in KC.... tomorrow anyway, but I have decided to just wait for the biker day...

Nothing much else going on here...

Retired Rod

4 comments:

  1. I've read all of Nick's Big Lake series except the latest and like you, just kept turning the pages. Very enjoyable, light reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on Nick's book. For $2.95 how can I go wrong - besides if it kept you and Janna turning pages, I'll trust that it's a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a good thing when you can find a good book to sink your teeth into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read all four of Nick's books in his Big Lake series and each one is better than the last. I've bought them from Amazon for my Kindle. Amazing bargain prices, too.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...