Monday, November 5, 2012

Cracker Barrel makes me forget about the time change.

So here I sit on the time change Sunday night looking at my watch wondering why it isn't late when it seems like it should be......?  As you all know, we had to change our watch last night in the middle of the night and when we got up this morning we weren't supposed to notice it...

And really it wasn't too bad this morning as I was getting ready to go have breakfast with my DIL and oldest Son at the Cracker Barrel....  Sun was out bright and I changed a few watches to the new time....  And the clock on the dresser and the portable desk travel clock....

Of course I have about thirty watches or so that need to be changed.... but some or many of them are windup mechanical watches and they run down when they are not worn so they have the wrong time on them anyway....  But the battery driven watches need to be changed...

But back to that high cholesterol extravaganza two eggs over easy and biscuits and gravy breakfast, complete with grits....  Better not make a habit of that little number........    But we did have a lot of fun with our family, as our son only comes home to town every two weeks for the weekend..  He works all over the country and has to travel on the airplanes everywhere...  Too bad there isn't better jobs closer to home.....

Not sure what else happened today, but I was over working on the Ham Radio antenna on the motorhome...  The trees have knocked the thing crooked.. When I investigated I found the screws had stripped the holes out in the metal and fiberglass strip around the roof...  A couple of bigger screws and a new hole did the trick...  Until the next low hanging tree anyway...

I did re install the anode rod back into the water heater as well in preparation for our upcoming trip...  We are flirting with the 30s here at night, so the pink stuff will remain until we actually travel and need to use the heat overnight.....

Maybe I need to go set some more of those watches here again as it seems like I should be tired and going to bed...  But on the good side, we are now only one hour away from the Arizona time zone that we will have to get used to...  Well until we come back to Kansas for Christmas.......  Do we have to?  So setting the watch back one more hour will do it for the winter trip....

But I checked the forecast in Apache Junction and found out that it is supposed to be much cooler this weekend down there...  60s.. What gives?  Just as I am beginning to look forward to Az warm temperatures the bottom falls out....  Need to get back on that white scooter........

Well that's enough for today, maybe tomorrow my inside clock won't be so screwed up!!  LOL

Retired Rod


4 comments:

  1. I would say Cracker Barrel is probably our favorite place to eat while traveling between points A & B. We hit one on the way down & probably won't be in another one again until our return trip next April. So, with just a few Cracker Barrels a year, I won't worry about that cholesterol stuff too much...:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim loves those Cracker Barrels. Makes for a much too expensive campground for the night for us. And I just knew you waited too long to get down here and enjoy the gorgeous weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biscuits and Gravy plus Grits - my nightmare breakfast! I just don't care for that gravy they use on those biscuits and Grits look and taste like wallpaper paste to me. Maybe it's because I'm from Canada and we don't see that stuff up here too much - thank goodness!

    I was thinking about you and all your watches yesterday - must be quite a job to update them all. Me? I haven't worn a watch in over 10 years now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Rick, there's a lot of distance between Lebanon, Tennessee (Cracker Barrel's home town) and Vancouver Island and folks are much different down there in the South... They LOooooove their biscuits and gravy....!!!! I'ts almost a cult.... And when you go farther South they make the gravy Red Eye.... By adding a bunch of coffee into it giving it an even further remote and Southern taste... When I went to boot camp in Mississippi, they served me black eyed peas and Red Eye Gravy with chicory coffee... And I learned to like it too after going hungry for several days............

      Delete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...