Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving...

I never have many people that have the time to stop by the blog on Holidays...  Most everyone is either entertaining or have gone somewhere to be a guest...

But for those that do stop by, Have a Happy Thanksgiving....!

I brought the motorhome over to the house today to wash up the mud that gathered on our trip out of Kansas..  It was raining that first day when we left, but only kind of a drizzle...  Of course that kind of rain seems to loosen the road dirt and grit depositing it on your vehicle...

But the primary thing that needed washed today was the roof...  It was really dirty up there when I was working on the King Dome last week and since it still needs to be sealed with that special rubber it needs cleaned.

Once started, I worked most of the day soaping and scrubbing...  The Arizona water causes streaks badly, so it looks almost as bad as when I started...  But it isn't dirt now but rather water spotting...

As the sun was almost completely set tonight, I was over in the storage lot parking the coach in its spot and trading it for the car.  

Perhaps on Friday I will be able to finish the caulking project on the satellite dome..   By then things will be completely dry, but I will need to use some alcohol on the roof to finish the cleaning process.

I also found out with the computer that folks use super glue as a loctite formula when they want to set screws into plastic...  I am thinking that I need to take the dome back apart and set the screws on the brackets with the glue....  They kept talking about CA glue, which I found out is short for Cyanoacrylate but since no one can spell that, they just call it CA for short....

That's a project for the days after thanksgiving, but for now I had better use Thursday as a day of rest......

Retired Rod


11 comments:

  1. Have a great Thanksgiving Rod & Loyce we can always find time at 04:30AM to go to your blog. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with those projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Loyce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A day of rest and turkey sure sounds good to me. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Loyce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving Rod, Loyce and Biscuit!! Sure hope Biscuit gets a little Turkey treat.

    I can't believe you are climbing up and crawling around on that roof, Rod, especially with soap and water! Glad to hear you're taking a day off - it's a great football day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a short extension ladder that I put up to the side of the roof... I stayed mostly on the ladder using a scrub brush on a collapsing pole... I won't fall off that way..

      Delete
  7. Enjoy a day of relaxing with no projects to work on. Have a happy thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments had to be eliminated.... For the most part this has removed unwanted responses.. If you can't post your comments, please email me and we will make other arrangements...